Principle of FTIR
Spectrophotometer is the principle of FTIR – Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy used for color management in computer. It is also known as spectrometry, colorimeter, spectrophotometry etc. Optical density of these equipments are very complex.
Category of Optical Density of Spectrophotometer:
There are different types optical density of spectrophotometer is developed by the manufactures
- Spherical Spectrophotometers
- Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometer
- Laboratory Colorimeter / Digital Colorimeters
- UV VIS NIR Spectrophotometer
- Portable Color Spectrophotometer
- UV VIS Spectrophotometer
- Visible range
- Double Beam Spectrophotometer -UV Visible
- Infrared Spectrophotometer
- Single Beam Spectrophotometer -UV Visible
- Spectrophotometers – by Wavelength Range
How a Spectrophotometer Works :
Numerical Gloss Control- Instead of using a mechanically driven gloss trap, the Spectrophotometer should equipped with a patented numerical gloss (SCI/SCE) control system.
- Numerical UV Control-To replace the time-consuming traditional UV measurement system that utilizes moving filters. The measured values of two sequentially fired flashes, one with full UV energy and one with UV cut-off filter at either 400 or 420nm are combined to obtain the spectral characteristics, and the respective whiteness and tint value of any UV-activated fluorescence sample.
- High accuracy, repeatability, and inter-instrument agreement
- Simultaneous SCI/SCE measurement through patented, software-based numerical gloss control
- UV calibration and adjustment through patented, software-based numerical control
- Spectro photometer can be connected with computer for the inspection by software with USB expansion interface.
- Spectro photometer is more versatile
Software of Flame Photometer :
Software of flame photometer can implement various types of job within short times.
- Making Primary data using spectrophotometry
- Making dyeing recipe
- Uv vis spectroscopy for optical density
- Software is designed for easy matching of any shade on any substrate
- Making color deviation
- Quality Control shade
- Software offers a variety of powerful matching and batch correction capabilities guaranteeing exhaust and continuous dyers alike quick and accurate matches with the lowest cost recipes
- Can measure color strength and metamerism
- Shade passing or color difference evaluation
- Software helps you take full advantage of past dyeing experiences to deliver accurate color recipes based not on color theory but on the actual behavior of the dyestuffs, processes and substrates successfully used in your own dyehouse.
- Identifying dyes expenditure and optical density
- Making pass/fail report of swatch
Portable Color Spectrophotometer:
Portable color spectrophotometer is known as mini scan that determine the color of a specified sample. Here the difference between the sample and product standard. It provides instant and very accurate data and the result of measurement is stored in memory. Anybody can download this program when required.
It is designed economically and technically as a result the operators can operator can operate it easily.
For distinguish fluorescent material the wavelength of ultra violet light and optical density that shuld be absorbed and re-emitted by the fluorescent material must be present in the light source. For detecting fluorescence instrumental the spectrophotometer need to be equipped with a light source that contains ultra violet light. As the amount of optical density exhibited is directly concern to the amount of energy absorbed by the fluorescent molecule, a UV-enhanced spectrophotometer must have a light source that emits ultra-violet light, and it must also be able to control the amount of UV radiation coming from the light source. In spectrophotometer that utilize a light source containing UV light such as pulsed xenon that is the source emits more UV light than is present in Illuminant D6500. The UV light in the source is 236 UV Calibration as well as Whiteness Options Color Tools controlled through a variable-position UV cut off filter. The filter generally placed in front of the optical density before it enters the sphere of the instrument to simulate the energy output of daylight, as defined by the CIE. This ensures that everybody consistently simulate the spectral energy distribution of CIE Illuminant D65. Adjusting the UV filter involves a calibration procedure that is separate from the daily calibration routine.
Procedure for Performing Whiteness Evaluations of Spectro Photometer:
The process for performing a whiteness evaluation to identify the presence of OBA’s consists of several steps:
- General instrument calibration is principle of ftir
- Selection of filter and UV measurement procedure. (System Menu Instrument Settings, Calibrate Tab)
- Entering the instrument specific parameters for your instrument. (Instrument Menu, Whiteness Setup, Ganz-Griesser Parameters).
- This is only done once when you receive the flame photometer
- Adjustment and Calibration of the UV filter. (Instrument Menu Whiteness Setup,UV Calibration)
- To measure of the samples on the desktop & selecting the whiteness evaluation to be performed. (Desktop)
Nanodrop Spectrophotometer Principle :
- Status indicator based on selected mode is a nanodrop spectrophotometer principle
- Available RS-232c and latest USB interface
- Read button for initialization of sample that make measurement
- The measurement area of fabric samples 19mm/6.3mm/according to buyer requirement
- It has big transmission compartment
- It has high quality xenon lamp
- The wave length is scanned within a second
- The length of wave length is 360-780nm also a nanodrop spectrophotometer principle