Rubber Stoppering Machine
Rubber Stoppering Machine & Ointment Filling Machine is straight line table top powder filling with stoppering machine with a scrambler at the Out feed end on the same deck.
Empty vials are feed from the rotary Unscrambler of the tunnel in single line. Turn table with adjustment deflector guides to collect filled vials at correct speed after the stoppering is completed on the conveyor.
The powder filling machine station locates the vials and fills them as follows:
Vials are held in line on the conveyor. The first in line being held under the powder filling wheel by a pair of timed vial separators. The vial separators are timed in sequence with the intermittent motion of the powder filling wheel.
Powder containing the bulk supply hopper is drawn by vacuum in to of a series of ports contained in the powder filling wheel. Vacuum is applied through nylon tips filter fitted on the piston head. This piston retains powder during the indexing till it reaches exactly above the vial neck.
When the vial is held in position by the vial separators a signal is relayed to a solenoid valve in the powder dosing system. This solenoid activates vacuum, which holds the powder in the port of powder wheel, during the rotation at the lowest end the outlet port is connected with compressed air and changes to pressure. The pressure forces the powder out of the port into the vial positioned directly below the powder fill wheel. The vial separators then rotate driving the filled vial through the fill position to the conveyor which transports it to the stoppering unit.
Housing is provided on the top cover of the powder hopper for canister attachment.
A single Rubber Stoppering Machine & Ointment Filling Machine arrangement is provided at the back side of the powder filling unit.
After the powder is filled in the vial the vial passes through the media filling unit. In case if only the media is to be filled the same can be done.
Both the waste collectors are connected through a common pipe leading to the reject powder collection trough. At the stoppering station, the stoppers are loaded into a vibratory unscrambler from which they are sorted and aligned in the chute for pickup. The vials are forwarded from filling station and held firmly between Lateral belts. The Vials picks up the rubber stopper from the exit end of the chute and passes under the pressing rollers.
The stoppering unit consists of a hopper along with chute to feed the stoppers to a pick up position. Lateral belt to held vial and to drive along the conveyor.
A set of adjustable over head pressing rollers to press the stopper in to the vial. The stopper feeding bowl and chute is designed for smooth working of rubber stopper.
Machine frame is made of M.S. and fully covered with the S.S. 304 Sheet. Suitable SS covers cover the entire body from the sides. The top plate which in made of M.S. cladded overhands the frame to prevent spillage from leaking in to the S.S. mechanism below. Rubber Stoppering Machine & Ointment Filling Machine doors for adjustment or maintenance of the all assemblies.
The conveyor consists of a 3, 1/4” Delrin belt mounted on conveyor channel. The totally synchronized.
The machine has one main drive gearbox and motor. It drivers powder filling wheels vial separators, conveyor, lateral belt, transmission assembly, hopper agitator and filling head.
The pressing roller assembly drives gearbox and motor. Main Drive gearbox assembly is mounted on the bottom side of machine frame. And it contains the main gear motor, Main drive gear motor is coupled with the Transmission Assembly, which drives the Powder filling unit. It drives the lateral belt unit conveyor belt through the chain drive.
GENERAL OPERATING PRECAUTIONS:-
Equipment described in this manual has been carefully designed and manufactured to high standards. Special attention has been devoted to the convenience of operation, while simultaneously providing effective safety precaution for operating personnel.
DIMENSIONS : 3030 (L) x 1095 (W) x 2070 (H) (Appx.)
NET WEIGHT : 1000 KG.
VIAL SIZES : 14 MM TO 45 MM DIAMETER
3O MM TO 75 MM HEIGHT
(WITH THE HELP OF CHANGE PARTS)
STOPPER SIZES : 13, 20 & 32 MM DIAMETER
(WITH THE HELP OF CHANGE PARTS)
PRODUCTION : 50 TO 100 VIALS / MINUTE
CHARACTERISTICS : 415 VOLT, 3 PHASE A/C SUPPLY
FOR MACHINE (4 WIRE SYSTEM), 50 CYCLES
- INSTRUCTIONS FOR INSTALLATION
It is desirable that this unit be moved in its packing case as close as possible to its required position. All internal blocking & shipping marks must be removed as well as all cases and cartons – check all packing materials before discarding.
A fork lift truck should be used to lift and transport the machine. The fork must lift the frame from the front to rear. With the remove the skid and lower the unit to its required location. Level the machine by means of the four foot screw pad provided.
Inspect the machine to ensure all components are assembled mechanically as per assembly drawing.
- SERVICE CONNECTION :
Connect the air and vacuum inlets, the air supply should not exceed 30 PSI and must be clear and dry. The vacuum supply must provide a vacuum of at least 20” Hg. Connect the electric circuits as shown in wiring diagram.
ASEPTIC TECHNOLOGY INC… Will not be liable for damages to the electrical or electronic components if the machine is connected to any voltage other than that specified. Damage to the electrical components is instant, so if there are any doubts, please contact to ASEPTIC TECHNOLOGY INC… At 079 – 25890834 /25894282.
- TESTS & CHECKS
With all parts assembled, but without product, start the machine as follows:
- Turn ON air supply, vacuum supply and Electrical Connection.
- After connecting the necessary utility and supply select the auto or manual mode.
- Adjust all guide rails of the machine as per the vial diameter before starting the machine with slight clearance between the guide rails.
- For initial setting of the machine select the manual mode and after doing the necessary setting select the auto mode for running production.
- If you are working in auto mode then place the quantity of vial to unscrambler from there it will reaches to the powder filling station
- One sensor which is provided in front of the filling wheel senses the vial. Which is at the filling station and it starts to fill the powder inside the vials.
- After the filling operation vial will reach to the stoppering unit through conveyor, there it will be sensed by the fiber optic sensor and after getting the signal from sensor, rubber stoppering motor will start to run and by that time if there is no stopper in chute machine will automatically stop and it indicates the fault.
- Duly stopperred vial then start to move towards the vial sealing machine, before reaching to the sealing unit vial will be sensed for presence/absence of rubber stopper. Then it moves forward to the sealing unit. After the sealing operation it will be collected in collection tray.
- ADJUSTMENTS: SET-UP AND CHANGE-OVER FORPOWDER FILLING UNIT
- MAIN DRIVE
Main Drive gearbox assembly is mounted on the bottom side of machine frame. And it contains the main gear motor, Main drive gear motor is coupled with the Transmission Assembly, which drives the Powder filling unit. It drives the lateral belt unit conveyor belt through the chain drive.
- FILLING HEAD HEIGHT ADJUSTMENT
Loosen the head support column clamp screw. This is located at the rear of the support column above the machine top plate. The head can now be raised or lowered by using the supplied ratchet spanner on the square shaft provided through the clamp.
Screw the clamp after adjustment has been made. Failure to do so may result in to the head vibrating during operation.
- VIAL SEPARATOR- GEAR SHIFT LEVER
Located inside the base cabinet on the left side. This lever is used for changing the gear ratio of the transmission output. This adjustment is to accommodate the required ratio changes combined with the number of pockets on the vial Separators to give multi doses of 1, 2, 3 & 4. The gear shift is done by moving the lever into neutral position.
- NUMBER OF DOSES
Different diameter of containers requires different Vial separators as per the container diameter. Similarly, different number of doses (Single, Double, Triple and Four Dose) per container requires different separators. To Change the Dosing System follow the below mention procedure.
# SINGLE DOSE: – Inside the machine there is one lever, which is located in transmission assembly. If the lever is pulled towards the operator side and vial separator is of three groove machines will start to fill single dose.
# DOUBLE DOSE:- If the lever is pushed towards the opposite side of the operator and vial separator is of Double groove machine will starts to fill double dose of powder in the same vial.
# TRIPLE DOSE: – If the lever is pushed towards the operator side and vial separator is of single groove machine will start to fill triple dose in the same vial.
# FOUR DOSE: – If the lever is pushed towards the opposite side of the operator and vial separator is of Single groove machine will starts to fill four dose of powder in the same vial.
- LATERAL POSITION OF VIAL SEPARATOR
In order to handle various diameters of containers controlling under the filling wheel, it is necessary to make a lateral adjustment of the vial separator to get the exact centering between the powder wheel and vial neck center, Lateral movement of separator can be done by means of S.S. Knob located in front of the machine.
- TIMING BETWEEN THE VIAL SEPARATOR AND POWDER WHEEL
- Keep the filling wheel to a vertical position where the dwell cycle (When cam Follower roller just start to come out from the Geneva cam slot) just begins. At this position the filling port counter line is in vertical position at the extreme bottom of the wheel. This establishes zero position which indicates the beginning of the dwell position of the Geneva indexing cycle. This is the filling position between the powder wheel and the vial. This remains constant through out the rotary movement of the powder wheel.
- Loosen the Hex Bolt of the clutch plate, which is located at the vial separator clutch assembly inside the machine. To adjust the vial separator movement during the filling operation. (Vial separator should transfer the vial after the filling operation is perfectly done). Then tighten the Hex Bolt again.
3. Adjust the vial separator so, that after the filling operation of the first vial When powder wheel will be in just vertical position, before that next vial should come in to the contact with the vial separator diameter.
- Then powder wheel will be in steady position for some time that we can consider as a dosing time, adjust the proximity inside the filling head, which sense the dosing cam. Proximity should sense the cam when powder will be in the steady position.
- Solenoid will be operated after getting the signal from the cam proximity.
- Due to solenoid valve vacuum will get off inside the powder wheel and Nitrogen / Compressed Air will start to flow, which pushes the powder out of the filling port.
- If during the operation, we found the powder filling before the vertical position Of the powder wheel then loose the muff coupling inside the filling head and adjust the position of the powder wheel in vertical position and retighten the coupling again and if needed reset the proximity setting again.
8. After running if you found that, both the groove of the vial separator is not matching with each other then disengages the gear below the top plate of vial separator assembly, adjust the vial separator and fix the gear again.
NOTE: After changing vial separators always run a few empty containers through the machine, to ensure that the correct settings have been obtained.
- DOCTOR BLADE ADJUSTMENT
- Loosen the doctor blade holding screw and move the blades away from the wheel after removing top seals.
- Apply required pressure to the outer end of the doctor blades so that it will be in light contact with the face of the filling wheel.
- When blades are in this position tighten the clamping screws and repeat this operation for the wiper blade on the opposite side of the Hopper.
- Now again assemble the top seals to its original position.
- SET-UP FOR PROPER FILL WEIGHT
- Take one empty vial whose weight is known and fill this vial with powder from any one port in the filling wheel by running the vial through the machine.
- Check the weight of powder within this vial and adjust the depth of the filling port to either increase or decrease the weight obtained as necessary.
- Take an additional sample from the same filling port to ensure that port is now dosing the proper weight of powder and set all the other ports to the same depth by using a precision depth gauge.
- A group of 8 vials whose weights are known should now be placed in the conveyor track front and rear to the left of the vial separator wheels and the machine should be operated to fill the 8 vials.
- Re-weigh each vial and determine that the fill had been placed into each one
- Those ports which require adjustment should be adjusted by rotating the pistons either clockwise to reduce the fill weight or counter clockwise to increase the fill weight.
Once the proper settings have been obtained this machine will continue to produce accurate fill without further adjustment, providing the density of the material remains constant. It is obviously desirable that sample weights be taken whenever a new batch of material is placed in the hopper and from time to time during a production run.
- REMOVAL OF PISTON, POWDER WHEEL & POWDER HOPPER:-
- After completion of production daily, we have to remove the piston from the powder wheel for autoclaving.
- To remove the piston, first open the knob of Teflon top seal which is located at the front side of the hopper. Remove the top seal, then remove the hopper mounting Hex bolts and take the hopper slightly up side to disengage the universal joint drive with the hopper, hold the butter paper or plastic bag below the powder hopper to collect the powder which is inside the powder hopper.
- Remove the center hex bolt of the powder wheel and disengage the wheel with the set pins.
- Put the powder wheel on the table and with the help of the pusher rod (fiber rod) push piston from outer dia of powder wheel to the holding nut.
- Remove all the eight pistons of the powder wheel with the proper pusher rod only otherwise it damages to the nylon tips, which is at the end of the piston.
- Then clean the powder wheel with hot water and then after with IPA to clean the wheel properly.
- After proper cleaning of the powder wheel, keep the Powder hopper, powder wheel, piston, piston nuts for the autoclaving. All other small parts like Nylon Tips, Rubber washer and Teflon top seal are to be washed only with IPA.
- MEDIA FILLING UNIT
The media filling consists of:
Syringe Top Housing
Inlet & Outlet Housing
Non Return Valve for Inlet & Outlet Housing
Syringe Mounting Block
Dose Adjusting Block
Dose Adjust Stud
When the movement of the piston is in downward direction it creates vacuum pressure.
Due to the vacuum pressure the media is sucked by the inlet housing. From the inlet housing media passes to Syringe Cylinder Top Housing and from there it moves into the cylinder. Non Return Valve is provided to prevent the spillage of media when the piston moves in the upward direction. As the movement of the piston comes in the upward direction, the syringe piston forces the media into the outlet housing. Due to the pressure exerted the Non-return valve opens and allow the passage of the media to the outlet housing. From there the media passes to the nozzle and allows the filling on the vial.
Loosen the nut of the dose adjust stud nut.
A dose adjust stud is provided on the dose adjust block. This block is of eccentric type block. The movement of the block is in rotating movement. Syringe Piston Mounting stud is fitted on the dose adjust block.
- STOPPERING UNIT ADJUSTMENTS
The stoppering mechanism can be furnished with interchangeable vibrating bowl for 20 mm stoppers. The vibrator which is controlled through D.C. Controller can vary vibration as per requirement by the port provided on the panel box.
v ADJUSTMENT OF RUBBER STOPPER PICK-UP MECHANISM:-
First place a quantity of stoppers in the hopper. Then turn on the vibrator until the track is filled with stoppers. Then loosen the lock nut on the upper screw of the spring stop mechanism. Turn the screw until the right hand edge of the chute finger is about 1/16” from the inner side of the stopper flange. Adjust the vertical position of the stopper plate on the right side of the bottom of the chute so that the center of the stopper shows approximately 1/16” below bottom edge of plate. The function of the plate is to prevent the stoppers from falling freely. If the position of the plate is too loose then the stoppers will start falling freely .The positioning of the front plate will permit the vial to pick off stopper as it passes the chute.
- STOPPERING UNIT – SETUP PROCEDURE
- Turn the vibrator power on and vary the speed to ensure that the unit has
Been properly assembled.
- Lower the stoppering head by means of the jack screw provided until the bottom of the pivot bar is at the same level as the top of a vial. Then raise the head to provide a 2mm clearance between the top of the vial and the bottom of the pivot bar. Now relock the jack screw.
3. Adjust the vial between the two timing belt, so that it holds the vial firmly during pickup of rubber stopper. More pressure between the timing belt and vial may break the vial.
4. Adjust the chute so that, the center of the vial and chute should be exactly in one line otherwise it will not pick up the stopper properly.
6. Start the conveyor belt and watch the pick off action of the vial and stopper as well as the sealing action of the pressing rollers. Make minor adjustments as necessary to the position of the stopper.
NOTE: – The stopper should have a greater pressure from the second roller than from first roller. And silicones stopper will be most comfortable for use. Now turn on all vial feed components against and assure that the stoppering mechanism is functioning properly.
- REMOVAL OF RUBBER STOPPER BOWL AND CHUTE.
- After the day’s production, we have to remove the vibrator bowl of stoppering unit along with chute for autoclaving.
- Remove the six no. of hex bolt located below the rubber stoppering bowl to remove the stopper bowl.
- To remove the chute, remove the two no. of hex nut which is located in center of the chute, then remove the chute for autoclaving.
- We can directly autoclave the bowl and chute because all the parts are of S.S. material.
- VIBRATOR SET UP :-
- Check the vibrator for its required out put and vibration.
- To check the vibrator for its vibration, remove the two side covers of the unit
Then check all the L.N. Key caps which are holding the vibrator strips, if it is loose then also vibration will be going to reduce. Tight the L.N. Key time to time for proper vibration.
- If vibrator is producing a peculiar sound during the running, then it means that there are more gaps between the vibrator coil i.e. ‘E’ & ‘I’ block. Please keep the distance of around 2 mm between ‘E’ &’I’ block to reduce the noise.
- SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
- OVERLAOD PROTECTION.
- Overload protection devices are provided to stop the machine in the event of jam or other malfunction.
- The equipment user is cautioned against the use of other than genuine ‘N. K. ‘replacement parts or repairs. N.K. parts have been engineered and tested for their particular application. The use of any other parts may give unsatisfactory or poor performance resulting in damage to the Rubber Stoppering Machine & Ointment Filling Machine.
- Before doing any maintenance on this machine shut off power supply.
- CONVEYOR MAINTENACE.
Replacement of chain and sprockets should take place when:
- The belt is jammed in the chain wheel.
- The conveying surface becomes uneven through wear.
- Periodically examine sprockets for signs of excessive wear or dirt build up in teeth pockets.
- Check dead plate for clearance.
The machine is to be kept free of external grease or oil unless indicated for maintaining sanitary conditions and avoiding dust or dirt to areas that come into contact with the product.
Conveyor Drive-Roller –Chain.
Keep chains as clean as possible. Use a brush or oilcan to apply lubricant too the inside of the chain at the edges of the side plates. Every three months, repack the grease in all gearboxes of the machine. Wipe all sprocket chains clean and wipe the associated sprockets. Reduplicate with molly lube or lithium based grease. Be sure to open the sheet metal panels on each side of the filter head to obtain access to the chains & sprockets within. The Ball bearings used in the machine are permanently lubricated & sealed. Put a drop of light lubricating oil on all bronze and iolite bearings. Inspect for any loose or worn parts. Tighten mounting and assembly screw where required.
- List of Parts for Daily Lubrication
- Geneva Drive for the Fill Wheel in Head.
- Gear Drive for the Vial feed Wheels.
- Gear Drive for Hopper agitator in Head.
- Check filters in base of Rubber Stoppering Machine & Ointment Filling Machine
- Wash filter in alcohol if necessary.
- Speed reducer – check every 500 hours of service.
- Use a lithium based grease for grease fittings.
- Grease all chain drive every 15 days.
- CONEVYOR GUIDE RAIL SPACING:
Adjust the Front Infeed and Exit Guide Rail parallel providing 0.8 mm to 1 mm clearance for the Vial.
- STPPER PHOTO SENSOR ALIGNMENT:
A Photo sensor Circuit detects the Stopper presence in the Chute. The light source / receiver unit is adjustable and should be set so that only stopper intercept the light beam. A sensitively adjustment for the light source is located in the Electrical Control Box (MCB) located at the rear of the machine.
THE MACHINE WILL AUTOMATICALLY RESTART WHEN THE SUPPLY IS RESTORED.
Illumination of the light indicates a malfunction of the Jam of the Star wheels. Refer to the trouble shooting section for repair. The “Start Button” (X) must be depressed to restart the Rubber Stoppering Machine & Ointment Filling Machine.