Needle Replacement and Control Procedure
Children’s Product Safety Policy
Needle Replacement – To avoid any metal contamination with children’s products Auto garments must pass metal detected prior to delivery the goods as well as all aspects of the Safety Requirements stated in agreement we followed accordingly.
Below steps shall be taken for all children’s products:
- Needle Replacement and Control Procedure
- Clippers or scissors must be securely attached to the work station or machine.
- Drill holes, spikes, Kimball gun Needle Replacement, notch punchers, tweezers, knives / blades etc must be counted out and in at the end of each shift by a Line Supervisor.
- General housekeeping must be of an acceptable standard to avoid stray metal components.
- Goods coming into the factory must be contaminant free, and the pass responsibility for this up the supply chain to component and raw material suppliers and sub-contractors, such as printing and embroiderers.
- Products should be passed through the metal detector as finished goods after ticketing, but prior to being hung or boxed. By positioning the metal detector at this point, the manufacturer can ensure every piece of completed product has been detected and that no further metal contamination can enter the product. That means all children products should be metal free and packing into carton should be at metal free zone.
Due Diligence Policy
- To ensure compliance with all laws and regulations that are applicable to the safety of the various products produced for sale, we operate a simple but practical approach to show that:
- Auto garments has taken all reasonable steps or precautions (metal detection, disposal / separate marking of accepeted / rejected goods…etc.)
- have exercised all due diligence to avoid committing the offence.
- Taking reasonable steps’ is achieved by compliance with the Quality Assurance Procedures and the requirements of the Product Testing and Make Standards plus any additional requirements identified by the Technologist following a risk assessment :
- ensuring an audit trail of our sealing paperwork is available and complete and includes 3rd party / nominated party’s test reports.
- Below step have been taken to ensure Due Diligence
- the products’ characteristics tested by nominated testing lab
- packaging as per customer instruction
- instructions for assembly, maintenance, use and disposal
- the effect on other products with which it might be used
- labelling and other information provided for the consumer
Needle Replacement – the categories of consumers at serious risk when using the product, particularly children. We must through the children items onto metal detection.