Checklist for Machine Guards
Machine Guards * Questions 1 – 4, 6, 7 and 9: A “No” answer calls for an entry under “Action required”.
* Questions 5 and 8: A “Yes” answer calls for an entry under “Action required”.
- Do workers know how to switch off the machine in case of emergency?
- Are ON/OFF and cut-off emergency switches clearly marked?
- Are all workers trained to use the machines safely prior to operation?
- Are robust, fixed guards attached to dangerous moving parts of machines?
- Are these machine guards and other protective devices regularly checked and maintained by a qualified person?
- Have any of the machine guards been removed or are any missing?
- Is the area around the machine clean, tidy and free from obstruction?
- Are supervisors informed if machines are not working properly?
- Do any workers have dangling chains, loose clothing, gloves, rings or long hair which could get caught in moving parts of machines?
- Are workers wearing appropriate PPE when working with such machines?
Safety instruction for fusing machine operator
- Do not touch inside of machine and heater plate due to high temperature.
- Be cautious of others while operating machine.
- Do not operate near combustibles.
- Do not place objects on machinery.
- Press emergency stop button if required to stop urgently.
- Shut off and lock main power source when not in use.
Some Machine Name and Brand
|Name of Machine||Brand Name||Model No.|
|Plain Machine||Juki, Sunstar||DDL-553N/DDL-5550, DDL-8300/DDL-8300N, KM-250A-KM-250AL,|
|Plain Machine (Computer)||Sunstar||KM-250AL-7S|
|Over lock Machine||Juki, Pegasus||MO-2304/MO-2354/MO-235AN
|Flat Lock Machine||Juki, Siruba||C007JW122/356/CS
|Threat Reconig||King Land||CF20S|
|Vacuum Iron Table||Coolset||CST-ST|
|Boiler Steam Iron||Silver Star||DS-6PC/BS-6W|
|Heat Seal (Auto)||Hahima||HP10A|
|Air Compraser||Puma||Zola PREDOSA|
|Boiler||Dream Royal Boiler||Korea|