Safety and Security Management
The Customs Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT) is a comparative endeavor among the trade, community and US customs service to develop safety and security management system and maintain co-operative relationship that strengthen overall supply system and garment border security. The expectation for the trade on this program is to make commitment toward the common industrial goal of creating a more safety security system and efficient supply chain through partnership. Fire safety devices is not intended to create any new “liability” for the company beyond their existing security practices. However, joining C-TPAT will commit company to follow the actions specified in the signed agreement. C-TPAT recognizes that a safe and security supply chain is the most critical part of both the vendors and the buyers. For this reason, a strong anti-terrorism partnership with the community through C-TPAT is required to safeguard the supplied commodities. The fire safety devices are listed here.
Fire Safety Devices
Guidelines for Safety Security
Autogarment has developed guidelines for every employee in this factory to follow as part of the factory’s regulations and are posted on the readily accessible place to alert all employees concern on security. These guidelines were developed to cover the security of the following 7 areas:
Container/Covered van Security:Focus on the physical integrity of the incoming and outgoing covered vans prior to stuffing and the procedures of the seals and the reliability of the locking mechanisms of the doors.
Physical Access Controls: Focus on prevention of unauthorized access to the shipping, loading and cargo areas. Implement controls on identification of all employees, visitors and vendors. It also includes procedures for challenging unauthorized /unidentified persons.
Personnel Security: Autogarment shall enhance the factory’s recruitment system to include interviewing and background checks/verifications
Procedural Security: There are set systems and methodology to handle the incoming and outgoing goods. Engaged with Security Officers on controls of in/out cargo; record on shipping marks, weights, number etc; procedures for verifying seals on containers, trucks etc; reporting shortages and overages; storage of empty and fill containers to prevent unauthorized access; and a tracking system of all cargo movements.
Security Training and Threat Awareness: This security plan also provides to employees a security awareness training, that includes operation procedures, awareness, identity and reporting of crime, and determining and addressing unauthorized access. The training program encourages active employee’s participation in security controls.
Physical Security: Focus on buildings & constructions; external and internal locking devices; warehouse safety; lighting inside and outside the facility; shipping, loading & cargo areas; as well as internal and external communications systems for assurance of factory’s physical security.
Information Technology Security: Focus on the protection and accountability policy on the Information Technology (IT)
Safety and Security Management in Main Gate
- Report to the duty place on time.
- Know the scope of the security of the post.
- Allow only the authorized persons to enter and exit the factory – checking the ID Cards are hanged with the neck.
- Do body check of the out-going persons- workers, staffs.
- Check the bags on suspicion — by showing courtesy.
- Scrutiny for carrying anything by any worker or staff.
- Be vigilant at the gate and out of the factory premises.
- Observe for any suspected movement of any person- own or outsider.
- Scrutiny about the vehicles coming for loading and offloading.
- Examine the Challan and gate passes regarding the goods and enter the same into respective register.
- Inform with full particular at the reception if any person needs to enter with car or other vehicle.
- Shall not leave the post with permission.
Safety Security for Loading and Off Loading Point
- While on the loading and off loading duty ask for the gate pass and delivery Challan to know about the number and quantity of the materials.
- Ensure that concerned person is present at the time of loading and off loading.
- Count the item in the tally sheet and submit the same to the supervisor for further record.
- If it is observed that the quantity I number is not matching with the gate pass Challan or packet or bundle is torn or broken inform the matter to security officer / supervisor immediately.]
- Check the lock before and after loading and off loading for its effectiveness.
Safety and Security Management in Floor Area
- Restricting the movement of the unauthorized persons.
- Frequently check and ensure the identity of the person working there.
- Observe for any susceptive activities of any person.
- Observe for any stealing and sabotaging activities.
- Not to leave the post with any replacement
- Be vigilant and alert by using the light and whistle.
- Do not leave the post without permission.
Safety and Security Management in Guards Place
- Main Gate
- Warehouse Gate.
- Loading Area.
- Exit Gate (01)
- Exit Gate (02)
- Parking Area
Security Guidelines for IT Department
- Password logon be set up to control employees to access to network and sensitive information
- Conduct periodic internal audits of the IT system
- Employees are required to change passwords on a regular basis
- System in place to identify & the abuse of IT including improper access, tampering or altering of business data.
- All system violators are subjected to appropriate disciplinary actions for abuse.
- All system violators must be reported to the management and be recorded. All records should be kept for at least 12 months.
- All illegal activities must be reported to the management and police.
Emergency Telephone Numbers
The following numbers are maintained by the security personnel
- Nearest police station
- Nearest Fire Brigade
- Nearest Clinics & hospital
- Key Factory Personnel
Safety and Security Management in Van
Arrangements and Procedures to meet different types of business needs after getting approval for loading cartons to ship, store team should count the cartons to be loaded physically. After counting, comparing and confirming with commercial invoice, the cartons should be loaded into covered vans. A delivery Challan & Gate pass should be made truck wise for each shipment. Company), security sign and van driver sign (on behalf of C&F agent). After loading a shipment into a truck from factory, Truck driver are the responsible persons to hand over the shipment to customer. The Shipment Truck/Van should be locked and sealed by the security in front of truck driver, Store person and commercial person. If the seal is found broken before handing over to customer, customer will not accept the Shipment. Goods of the truck and should inform the incidence to commercial personnel and to factory management immediately.
Awareness on Usages of Hazardous Materials
In order to ensure safe and secured work environment, the factory employees are trained on the hazards, precautions and procedure for the safe storages, handling and use of all potentially harmful materials relevant to each employee’s task and work area. Personnel are also trained in environment, health and safety mailers including accident prevention, safe lifting practices, safe handling of chemical and proper control and maintenance of equipment and facilities. Although PROJECT STITCH is not using any hazardous materials or chemicals right now the policy has been developed for future.
Customers Audit of C-T PAT:
The buyers make audit of the vendors’ factory security system to ensure overall trade compliance. The factory must pass the audit and get approval of the concerned buyers to continue business on a long term bais. The buyers may recommend additional guidelines, which the vendors need to follow for overall security of the supply chain.
Safety and Security Management in Drug Controls
Autogarment does not tolerate the introduction of drugs into its work premises whether it is by inmates, visitors or staff. The management intends to prosecute to the fullest extent of the law against those individuals involved in any illegal drug transaction into the frontier of factory premise, if any. To ensure the process, management has introduced the following guide lines and restrictions which every individual associated with PROJECT STITCH needs to follow and abide by:
- Any campaign encouraging usage of drug or any kind of alcohol is strictly prohibited associating the company name.
- The employees are kept under close observation during lunch hour, break hour and any other time through surprise visit of assigned personnel.
- The management carries out surprise visit to the toilets, canteen area, and other suspected places where the employees take rest during off hour to restrict the employee intervention with any illegal drugs transaction.
- The employee & the authority arrange drug eradication program by organizing workshop, seminars and training program to explain the hazards of taking drugs.
- The factory is totally restricted of carrying, taking, selling or distributing of illegal drug of any kind of sensitive fire safety devices
- The factory premise is a no smoking and nonalcoholic zone to ensure safety security system