Business Code of Conduct Examples
If a sample size does not cover an order, then use the next sample size to auditFor order qualities up to pcs per audit, if 3 or more defective garments were found of the same kind, then select another sample lot and look for this defect. If there is less than the limitation, you may release the order. Auto as a fast growing multi national Apparel Sourcing and Supply Chain Management Company has the responsibility to ensure all our authorized suppliers and subcontractors are producing quality product & at the same time taking care of all the workers who are involved in the production. The following set of standards spells out our company’s policies towards all business activities. We sale Garments Quality Control Inspection Report Software
GENERAL PRINCIPLE: Our general rule is that all our suppliers must, in all their activities, follow the national laws in the countries where they are operating. If any of the following requirements by us be in violation of the national law in any country or territory, the law should always be followed. In such a case, the suppliers must always inform us immediately upon receiving this business code of conduct examples.
1. CHILD LABOUR: For order qualities over pcs per audit, if 4 or more defective garments were found of the same kind, then select another sample lot and look for this defect. If there is less than the limitation, you may release the order.The manufacturer does not employ any person below the age of 15 years base on the UN Convention on The Rights of the Child, article 32.1. Where local standards are higher, no person under the legal minimum age will be employed and relevant age verified documents should be available to confirm exact date of birth.
2. FORCED LABOUR: There shall not be any use of forced labor, whether in the form of prison labor, indentured labor, bonded, uncompensated or involuntary labor or otherwise. We also do not condone the practice of involuntary employee “deposits”, withholding of identity papers or any other practice that would restrict free movement of employees.
3. DISCRIMINATION: The maximum lot for an audit is 35, pcs per order. However for certain factories we may require that audits are performed in partial lots of 20, pcs per orderNo person shall be subject to any discrimination in employment, including hiring, salary, benefits, advancement, discipline, termination or retirement, on the basis of gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, nationality, political opinion, or social or ethnic origin.
4. HARASSMENT OR ABUSE: A major defect is considered a visual defect that does not conform to specification or standard and is considered a defective product where it is highly likely the consumer may not buy or may return after purchasing and use.Every employee shall be treated with respect and dignity. No employee shall be subject to any physical, sexual, psychological or verbal harassment or abuse. Corporal punishment will not be tolerated. Under no circumstances do we accept that our suppliers or their subcontractors use corporal punishment or other forms of mental or physical disciplinary actions, or engage in sexual harassment.
5. FAIR WAGES & BENEFITS: The manufacturer provides each employee at least the minimum wage, or the prevailing industry wage, whichever is higher. Wages should be paid regularly, on time and be fair in respect of work performance. Also provides all legally mandated benefits i.e. bonuses, leave, holidays, provident fund, insurance etc to employees.
6. WORKING HOURS/OVERTIME: While it is understood that overtime is often required in garment production, factories shall carry out operations in ways that limit overtime to a level that ensures humane and productive working conditions. Weekly working time must not exceed the legal limit according to local law, and overtime work should always be voluntary and properly compensated. We also expect workers will be entitled one day off in every seven-day period.
7. SAFE & HEALTHY WORK ENVIRONMENT: Employers shall provide a safe and healthy working environment to minimize risks of accidents and injury arising out of, linked with, or occurring in the course of work or as a result of manufacturing operations. The factory complies with all applicable local laws regarding working conditions, including worker health and safety, sanitation, fire safety, risk protection, and electrical, mechanical and structural safety.
8. FREEDOM OF ASSOCIATION AND COLLECTIVE BARGAINING: Employers shall recognize and respect the right of employees to freedom of association and collective bargaining; where law prohibits these freedoms, facilitate parallel means of association and bargaining.
9. MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS AND MONITORING PROCEDURE:
The factory should develop/define company policy in order to maintain strong management system. Proper documentation procedure should be maintained in workers personal files and registers and updated regularly. Management personnel should be responsible for awareness of legal rights and obligations to the workers’ from time to time through training/other procedure. All these training / other procedure materials should be documented properly and up-dated accordingly.
NON-COMPLIANCE: If Auto determines that any factory has violated business code of conduct examples we may require the factory to implement a corrective action plan. If corrective action is advised but not taken, Auto will consider this attitude while placing new orders in future. If we find repeated violations, we may not place any orders in future.
TEX – Code of Conduct Compliance Commitment
A minor defect is considered a visual defect that is not very conspicuous and PEI will no longer use this category for deciding a shipment’s acceptability.We hereby confirm that we have taken part of and fully understand Auto business code of conduct examples
We confirm that we have full knowledge of all relevant laws in the countries where we are operating.
We confirm that the requirements in Auto Code of Conduct are not in any way contradictory to the national law.
We agree to comply with Auto Code of Conduct, to take the responsibility for informing all our subcontractors about the content of the business code of conduct examples, and make sure that they also comply.
We acknowledge that Auto or any independent party appointed by them has the right to make unannounced inspections at our factories and subcontractors at any time.