Child Labor Policy
Child Labor Policy -All Vendors shall comply with all applicable laws of the countries in which the Vendors are doing business, including (but not limited to) laws and regulations relating to prison or other forced labor, child labor, freedom of association, pay and compensation, employment discrimination, the environment, health and safety, the apparel industry and any related fields. Read more about Attendance & Overtime Management ….
- The Vendor should encourage and allow eligible workers to participate in work-study or apprenticeship programs, and other government-sponsored educational programs. Auto Fashion Ltd. does not recruit any worker under age of 18 years.
- In case if required to recruit adolescent workers, i.e. under 18 years and above 14 years of age, will follow following procedure:
- The Vendor shall follow all applicable laws concerning employment of persons between the ages of 16 and 18 . Work hour not more than 5 hours a day.
- Will not work between the hours of 7 p.m & 7 a.m
- The Vendor shall not use forced or involuntary labor of any kind, including prison labor, debt bondage, forced labor, or labor that is required as a means of political coercion or as punishment for holding, or for peacefully expressing, political views.
- Will require certificate of fitness from civil surgeon.
- Will require written consent from parents.
- Employees are free to choose whether or not to lawfully organize and join associations. Auto will seek business partners that share its commitment to the right of employees to establish and join organizations of their own choosing.. Will keep separate register.
- Auto requires that its foreign Vendors and its U.S. Vendors of imported merchandise supply a manufacturer’s certificate for each shipment of foreign-produced merchandise . Some laws may restrict such employees from working overtime, in a hazardous environment or during school hours. Will carry a token
- The manufacturer’s certificate will verify that the merchandise was manufactured at a specific factory, identified by name, location and country, and that neither prison labor, forced labor, indentured labor, nor child labor was employed in the manufacture of the merchandise.Will not work in any machines that are in motion.
- Will get annual leave based on one day for every fifteen days of work.
- factory does not have written child labour policy
- age verification system not in place
- factory has no written child remediation policy – young workers have no health examination & registration approval from local labour bureau not obtained
- Auto will not knowingly utilize or purchase materials and/or products manufactured by prison, forced or involuntary labor.
Child Labor Policy -In case if mistakenly a child labor (Under 14 years of age is recruited), immediately Company will discontinue the service of that worker and will arrange and bear the cost of education, and will also give guarantee that on completion of education and achieving the age of 18 years will give priority and will offer him / her job in this company.