The Bills Pay Machine is an offline device where transactions are updated manually. To ensure no more standing in the long queue BILL MACHINE for garments customers launched bills pay centre to facilitate both its customers and non customers. To get the benefit of bills pay machine it is not necessary to be a BILL MACHINE for garments account holder as bills pays machine is open for both customer and non customers to pay their utility bills.
Motto of Bills Pay Centre:
“Say good bye to long queues”
Benefits to Customers:
- Free day and night service for both customers and non-customers
- No registration required to use the service.
- Allowing customers the privilege of depositing cash / or cheque through bearers
- Credit card and other Utility bill payment option available
- Fund transfer option (ATM card)
- Customers have the option to pay from their accounts in addition to paying cash / cheque.
Servicing of Bills Pay Centres
- ATM team is responsible for servicing Bills Pay Machines. Each machine is serviced twice daily (by 12:00 P.M. & by 5:00 P.M.) on all working days.
- Deposit made on a holiday is updated in eBBS in the next working day.
- All payments collected by 12:00 P.M. each day are updated in the system in the same working day.
- All payments collected after 12:00 P.M. each day are updated in the system in the following working day.
Services Offer by Bills Pay Centre:
|Services Available||Addition Features|
|through a debit instruction|
Table: 3.3 Service offered by Bills pay Centres
- The Bills Pay Machine is an offline device. All transactions are updated manually.
- The ATM Team collects all the envelopes and the data files from each machine.
- Cash is sorted and tallied with the amount shown on the data file
- Count of envelops is tallied with the no. of transactions in the data file
- Transaction are updated in eBBS by manual entry
- In case of clearing cheques, the cheques are sent to item processing for clearing.
- In case of DESA, DESCO, BTTB payments, a consolidated sheet is forwarded to CMO for credit to their respective accounts and reporting.
- In cases where the transaction could not be updated due to cash mismatch, cheque return, insufficient fund in customer’s account or signature mismatch, the customer is informed.
The customer can make credit card payments or even deposits into his/her account round the clock. All the customer has to do is:
- Select the preferred option and key in the amount they with to pay/ deposit.
- Select the mode of payment – the customer has he option of paying / depositing cash, cheque or debit instruction (if an BILL MACHINE account holder)
- He / she must put the cash / debit instruction inside the envelope and seal it.
- Write the transaction number on the envelope and drop it in the machine.
Utility Payments by Bill Machine
Payment of DESA, DESCO and BTTB bills can be made through BillsPay.
The customer has to follow the following steps:
- Select the preferred option
- Key in the amount he / she wishes to pay
- Then the mode of payment select — the customer has the option of paying / depositing cash, cheque or debit instruction (if any BILL MACHINE for garments account holder).
- Put the cash/cheque/ debit instruction inside the envelope and seal it.
- Write the transaction number on the envelope and drop it in the bill machine.