What is Training and Development Policy
What is Training and Development Policy –
The overall purpose of the policy is to set out guidelines and purpose for the training and development of employee’s that have skills need or career path. ,-
The policy emphasizes the importance of maintaining a continuous learning programme to develop a core of well-trained individuals whose performance will enhance the company’s skills base and experience base, to improve existing levels of performance at a level that is consistent with growth and profitability objectives and to maximize employee service retention.
- The success of company depends on the professionalism, skill and commitment of its entire employees. The company aims to ensure that
- There is always an active training plan in place at the start of every financial year to cover the forthcoming 12-month period.
- Sufficient funding is set-aside in the financial budget to cover planned training expenditure for the current / impending financial year.
- Employees fully understand their job function and expected performance standards through having accurate job descriptions and an annual appraisal review.
- Each employee has the opportunity to learn and become more experienced in his/her primary job function.
- Each employee has the opportunity to learn and become experienced in secondary skills.
- Each employee is enabled and actively encouraged to develop his/her personal potential.
- The policy of the company is to ensure that all personnel are trained and become sufficiently experienced to the extent necessary to competently and effectively undertake their assigned activities and responsibilities. It is also the aim of the company to encourage its employees’ to make the most of learning opportunities to realize their own personal potential and enjoyment of their job.
- The company will attempt to create a learning environment where employees’ will be prepared to accept change, develop new skills and take responsibility for their own continuous learning, in partnership with their immediate manager and CHR/HRA, to ensure their effective contribution to the successful achievement of both business and personal goals.
- In the beginning of the year, CHR will prepare a training calendar based on training needs assessment and will regularly update the skills & competency matrix to enable assessment of training and development needs to provide suitable and viable training courses through internal or external trainers. CHR will keep liaison with known external training service providers to keep abreast of current and future planned training events.
- A training needs assessment will be carried out and relevant action plans agreed and implemented. Training will be arranged by the CHR/HRA and funded by the company. Where the expenditure exceeds the amount of Tk. the employee will be required to sign an agreement undertaking to repay any costs incurred during external training courses if he/she leaves the company within 1 / 2 years of receiving the training. This cost will not be reclaimed by the company under such circumstances where the company has terminated the employee’s contract of employment.
- Employees who are still on probation will not be eligible for any ‘Overseas Training’ or any other training, the expenses of which is very high such as SA800 etc.
- CHR/HRA will be responsible for updating and maintaining the Training File that will hold the following documentation.
- Company Training & Development Policy
Skills & Competency Matrix
Training & Development Plans
Personnel Training Record Sheets
Certificates of External Training
- The CHR/HRA will be responsible for discussing, planning, implementing, organizing and reviewing all management / employee training and development needs / plans in the pursuit of the company’s primary business objectives and with regard to long-term growth, operational stability, organizational change and personal fulfillment.
- The role of the Managers’ is vital for the successful implementation of this policy. Managers must encourage and guide all employees to learn from problems, mistakes, challenges and successes inherent in their daily activities. However, Managers are requested to monitor the performance of all his/her team members and if any shortage in skills found in any employee that can be improved through proper training concerned manager must inform the same to CHR/HRA so that they can take necessary measure accordingly.
Training on Leadership
To improve performance by increasing effective leadership skills and be ready to meet the difficult challenges of today’s business world, Babylon Group Corporate T&D Department organized a day long training session on ‘Executive Leadership’. Executive Leadership Training Part-I had been taken place on 8th November 2015. Honorable Director of Babylon Group, S.M Emdadul Islam was the chief trainer & Mohammad Shah Alam, AGM, HR & Compliance was co-trainer of this program. Most of the senior staffs from several business unit of Babylon Group were the participants of this session.