Vertical Dryer Vent
Drying process of Vertical Dryer Vent is defined as the step where the liquid portion of the solution is evaporated from the fabric. In this machine, the tubular fabric is passed through the heated vertical perforated tube and thus gets dried.
- Equipment used
- Following equipment is used for drying process:
- Steam Heated Vertical Dryer (Bangladesh).
- Key Accessories
- Following key accessories are used for Vertical dryer:
- Sewing machine,
- Trolley for loading and unloading, etc.
- Materials / Chemicals Used
- Not applicable.
Safety of Vertical Dryer Vent
- Following Do’s and Don’ts are to be followed during operation:
- Do not wear loose dress that may entangle with the machine parts while running.
- Always wear rubber shoes.
- Be careful in handling the trolley of fabrics.
- Be aware of the first aid treatment procedure.
Operation Procedure of Vertical Dryer
Operation staffs of Finishing Process includes:
- Textile Technologist / Production Executive
- Production Co-ordinator
- Assistant Operator
Checklist Before Operation
Operator must check the following items before drying the fabric in the Vertical Dryer machine:
- Tubes are properly heated up
- Required manpower is available for production
- An empty trolley is set for unloading
- Sewing machine with thread is available
- Feed side fabric is ready
- Operation procedure for Vertical dryer vent is as follows:
- Open the steam valve to heat up the vertical tube/nozzle.
- Switch on the blower motor.
- When it is heated up, load the fabric through the nozzle/tube, and start loading motor (fabric goes down to the nozzles).
- After completing two rolls, cut the fabric and make a knot at the end of the roll, which helps to make the tubular fabric in ballooning form.
- After few minutes unload the fabric by passing the fabric in unloading roller to plaiter and start the unloading motor.
Product Quality Check
Design Check : Operator checks the design of fabric in delivery side and matches with the required design, which is written in the batch card.
Fault Check :The operator checks the knitting fault (i.e. Double yarn, missing yarn, yarn contamination etc) spinning faults (i.e. Thick & thin yarn, barre-mark etc) and other faults (i.e. Dye stain, band mark, chemical stain, torn & hole, shade variation etc) during the process.
When minor faults occur within 2-3 rolls which is not resulted from previous process and also not recorded on the batch card, the necessary actions to be taken are as follows:
- Check the feed side fabric to make sure that these faults did not occur from the previous process.
- Stop the machine to identify the cause or the place where from these faults are occurring.
Q.C. Sample Tests
Response to Equipment Faults
Following are the response to be taken in case of equipment fault of vertical drying machine:
Machine /Area Cleaning
The daily and weekly cleaning works for Vertical Dryer Machine are described below:
- Clean the sieves that can be reached from the outside of the machine at least once per shift
- Clean all the perforated holes of each tube properly after each batch.
- Clean all the rollers properly after each batch.
- The Maintenance Department performs the preventive maintenance task as per the PM schedule. Refer to Maintenance Specification for details.
Applicable Forms & Documents
- Forms & Documents Used
- The necessary forms & documents for drying process are listed below:
- Process Batch Card
- Machine Downtime
- Production Register of Vertical Dryer Machine
- Document Flow
- The document flow of Finishing Process is as follows:
- Operator fills out the Batch Card and the concerned officer put his signature on it upon verification. The Batch Card moves with the fabric for the next step of finishing process(e.g. Tubular Compactor, De-water, Drying or Slitting).
- Machine Downtime Report is maintained to keep record of any stoppage in production due to machine break down or any other reason. Operator fills this and the responsible officer sign on it upon verification
- Production Register of Vertical Dryer Machine is used to keep records of date wise production details. Operator fills this out along with his remarks (if any) and this report is recorded for future reference.
- Examples of all applicable forms and documents are attached.
- Know more about Vertical Drier vent.
Written By – Garmentspedia
Pingback: Garment industry, Textile Industry and Printing Industry use Printing Dryer | Auto Garment