Motor Vehicle Inspection
To control driver competency and performance and monitor vehicle condition in order to minimize losses and accidents.
- Driver Competency form to be completed for each and every driver of the site and authorized by respective Managers. A specimen attached.
- The Safety Manager or his authorized agent will check company cars, pickups, trucks and tankers every six months and issue permit to ply certificates.
- Drivers shall maintain log books as provided by the Company.
- Drivers shall make weekly checks of the vehicle and record in the check sheet provided. A specimen attached.
- Immediate supervisor in charge of the vehicle shall monitor the drivers check sheet.
- Seat belts shall be worn at all times whenever the vehicle is in motion other than when boarding, on and getting down from a ferry.
- Drivers will check regularly oils, tyre pressures etc. in accordance with the vehicle manual.
- Any accident or incident will be reported within 24 hours to the immediate manager who will report to the secretary accident review committee within 4 days. Form for reporting is attached.
Motor Vehicle Check Item
- Is fan belt in good condition?
- Is radiator water at required level?
- Are there any water leaks?
- Are there any fuel leaks?
- Is oil at required level?
- I clutch & brake fluid at required level?
- Are wipers in good condition?
- Do headlights work?
- Do indicators work?
- Do parking lights work?
- Do stop lights work?
- Does booster work?
- Does hand brake works?
- Are tyres in good condition?
- Are tyre pressures alright?
- Is spare wheel in good condition & Pressure?
- Do reversing light work?
- Does brake work?
Vehicle Accident Report
Two copies of this form to be prepared where applicable First copy to be filled in the person responsible for the transport & will handover the form to the Secretary of the Accident Review Committee for Review and onward dispatch to the Manager , Second copy if applicable to filled in & sent to the concerned