PURPOSE of Manufacturing Vessel Standard Maintenance Procedure
Manufacturing Vessel – The objective of this Standard Maintenance Procedure is to describe the procedure for maintenance of mfg. vessel under Production department. Provides for use Safety Valves set at lower than maximum working pressure of the vessel. Pressure Gauges with maximum operating pressure marked by Red. Drain valve for each pressure vessel isolation valves for each pressure vessels…
Frequency of tests of pressure vessels-external every six months, internal (where possible to see) once every year. ( Where not possible to see inside ) not fitted with continuous plant-hydraulic test every to years, pressure vessel fitted with continuous process plant to be hydraulic tested every 4 years. This procedure is applicable for maintenance of mfg. vessel under Production department of Limited
AREA OF OPERATION
Production floor of General Production building.
Operators under engineering department are responsible for following this SOP.Routine responsibility for ensuring that this procedure is implemented as and where necessary rests with the Head of Engineering department.Quality Assurance Department is responsible for SOP compliance.
All concern Operators, Executives / Officers and Head of Engineering Department.
DEFINITION & ABBREVIATION
Definition: There is (are) no unique term(s) in this document.Abbreviation: There is (are) no unique term(s) in this document.
HEALTH & SAFETY CONSIDERATION
Wear sound & Eye protective devices during machine operation.
SYSTEM / PROCESS OWNER
DESCRIPTION & SPECIFICATION OF MACHINE
Inside mat polish & out side mirror, SS grade: 304,.Inner chamber 3.0mm thick AISI 316, Outlet chamber 3.0mm thick, AISI304. Size57’’x58’’, Capacity: 2400 Liters, Heating source: [email protected]/cm2. Stirrer: Electric power, 400V, 5.5HP, Speed: 300,450,600 rpm. Main shaft: AISI316, Propeller: fan type.
- Red Mark on pressure gauge. Inspection for voltage fluctuation
- Proper earthing condition of machine
- Inspection the supply pressure must be 3-4 bar.
- Check the any leakage of compressed air
- No rusts on seams. Check all bolts & nuts of stirrer assembly
- Check the alignment of stirrer
- Check the physical condition of T/C clamp
- Clean from deposit of chemically reactive matter. Check the physical condition of ‘O’ rings
- Safety valve set marked and sealed. Checked the bearing & oil seal of motor
- Drain cock operating not blocked. Check the leakage of cooling pot
- Cleaning & water replacement of cooling pot
- Check the leakage of mechanical seal
- No rusts on plates or body. Check the over heat of mechanical seal
- Visual inspection for proper working of spray ball
- No Pitting. Clean and free of carbonized oil and other matter. Cleaning
- Check the correct indication of pressure gauge for cooling pot
- Cleaning & water replacement of pressure gauge for cooling pot.
- Greased all greasing point (By grease)
- Stop valve to isolate, operating
- No external visible leaks
- No visible defects
- Lubricated all lubricating point (By oil)
- After completion of maintenance record as per SOP EN/002
REVIEW / CHANGE HISTORY
- The procedure must be re-prepared, checked and duly approved whenever any change in the system/ method/ process, or in any circumstance, indicates the need for the same.
- The SOP must be reviewed every 3 (three) years from the date of issue, in the light of current practice, to determine whether any change or revision is necessary.
- All copies of the SOP which will be superseded by any revision must be withdrawn from active use.
- After recalling all the copies of the superseded SOPs, redistribute the reviewed one by keeping records in Log books.
- Preserve a copy of the superseded SOP in document archive and destroy rest of the copies keeping records. The SOP is to be archived for 2 years from the date of expiry.
|Item Description||Check points|
|Main power supply||01. Inspection for voltage fluctuation|
|02. Proper earthing condition of machine|
|Pneumatic connection||01. Inspection the supply pressure must be 3-4 bar.|
|02. Check the any leakage of compressed air|
|Stirrer assembly||01. Check all bolts & nuts|
|02. Check the alignment of stirrer|
|T/C connection with clamp & ‘O’ rings||01. Check the physical condition of T/C clamp|
|02. Check the physical condition of ‘O’ rings|
|Motor||01. Checked the bearing & oil seal|
|Cooling pot||01. Check the leakage|
|02. Cleaning & water replacement|
|Mechanical seal||01. Check the leakage|
|02. Check the over heat|
|Spray ball||01. Visual inspection for proper working|
|Pressure gauge for cooling pot||01. Check the correct indication|
|02. Cleaning & water replacement|
|Lubrication||01. Greased all greasing point (By grease)|
|02. Lubricated all lubricating point (By oil)|