Internal and External Calibration -The metal detection machines are re-calibrated each year by Package Care. The Maintenance Manager ensures, when alerted that Package Care are contacted for repair and re-calibration. Re-calibration and repair is recorded and records are kept with the metal detection machine. Read also Pressure Gauges Calibration Apparatus sss
- The master rule is re-calibration yearly by an accredited body.
- The purpose of this procedure is to ensure that all measuring equipment consistently give readings of known accuracy.
- This procedure applies to inspection, measuring and test equipment currently used for verification activities.
- The Maintenance, Fabric Technologist & Quality Assurance Managers are responsible for ensuring this procedure is adhered to.
- The master rule is kept in the Q.A. Managers office.
- All the Laboratory equipments are re-calibrated every year.
- All rulers and measuring tapes are calibrated by the Q.A. Manager using the master rule they are then marked that they have been calibrated and a calibration log is kept by the Q.A. Manager all rulers and measures are re-calibrated every year.
- Relevant personnel are responsible for ensuring only calibrated rulers and measures are used.
- Light boxes are checked every six months. This is recorded and kept with the light box.
- Light boxes are re-painted every year or more if the light box has been scuffed.
- Light boxes are kept free from dust to ensure the minimum of maintenance.