The objective of this Standard Operating Procedure is to describe the procedure for operating the Diesel Generator of Engineering department of Auto Generator Medicine Ltd. This procedure is applicable for operating Diesel Generator under engineering department of Auto Medicine Ltd. Area of operation is Service Building under engineering department. The content lists are –
Operators under engineering department are responsible for following this SOP.
Routine responsibility for ensuring that this procedure is implemented as and where necessary rests with the Head of Engineering department.
Quality Assurance Department is responsible for SOP compliance.
All concern Operators, Executives / Officers and Head of Engineering Department.
Definition & Abbreviation
Definition: There is (are) no unique term(s) in this document.
Abbreviation: There is (are) no unique term(s) in this document.
Health & Safety Consideration
Wear sound & Eye protective devices during machine operation.
System / Process Owner
Description & Specification Of Machine
Manufacturer: Auto Engineering Co. Ltd. Model: WPS400: Supplier :Sim Power, Machine No: 0174707/012&015, Material: All parts are made of MS Metal with paint. Generator Details: 3 Phase,415V, 50Hz.1500 RPM Capacity: 400KVA each
At first check & certify that the machine is workable & ready for operation
Check the oil level. The pointer should register in the upper field of the green range. If the pointer registers in the red range (Low range), Remove the plug & add oil until the level reaches the filter opening. Fit & tighten the plug. Check the radiator water level . Check the Lub oil level & Quality. Check the Battery Voltage 24 Volt
Switch on the Generator Display in Manual Mode, then Press ‘Start’
Run the Generator Set for Minimum Two minutes
Switch on the Generator panel ACB
Select Synchronizing panel in Auto/Manual Mode)
Switch on the LT-2 ACB
Switch on the BBT ACB
Switch off the BBT ACB
Switch off the LT-2 ACB
Switch off the Generator ACB, Press ’O’
Run the Generator for five minutes with out load(No load)
At the end of operation, switch off the Generator Off Push.
During operation, if any unusual or abnormal sound or noise is heard or problem arises, stop the machine immediately and inform it to the Engineering in charge.
Before carrying out any maintenance, repair or adjustment, stop the Generator, Press emergency stop button, switch off the ACB.
Post operational steps
Check the Generator Voltage, 400Volt AC.
Check the running Ampere
Check the Generator Temperature,80-10c
Check the Generator Oil Pressure,70-100 psi
Check the Generator Frequency,50Hz
Check the Generator RPM,1500 rpm
Record the Generator running hour reading
Should there be anything in this SOP that you do not clearly understand or cannot implement, please communicate it immediately to your superior officer.
Review / Change History
The procedure must be re-prepared, checked and duly approved whenever any change in the system/ method/ process, or in any circumstance, indicates the need for the same.
The SOP must be reviewed every 3 (three) years from the date of issue, in the light of current practice, to determine whether any change or revision is necessary.
All copies of the SOP which will be superseded by any revision must be withdrawn from active use.
After recalling all the copies of the superseded SOPs, redistribute the reviewed one by keeping records in Log books.
Preserve a copy of the superseded SOP in document archive and destroy rest of the copies keeping records.
Example of Costing for Utility and Maintenance Section
- Total Cost per Year for Generator = 2, 244545, 45,328 Tk.
- Total Cost per Month for Generator = 18, 74540,444 Tk.
- Total Cost per Day for Generator = 61,4945454 Tk.
- Total Cost per Hour for Generator = 2,554562 Tk.
- Per KW Electricity Cost = 2.74548 Tk.
- Total Cost per Year for Boiler = 1, 87, 04542,744 Tk.
- Total Cost per Month for Boiler = 15, 58,5454562 Tk.
- Total Cost per Day for Boiler = 51,254540 Tk.
- Total Cost per Hour for Boiler = 2,1345455 Tk.
- Per Kg Steam Cost = 0.145457 Tk.
- Total Cost per Year for Compressors = 31, 514545,908 Tk.
- Total Cost per Month for Compressors = 2, 624545,659 Tk.
- Total Cost per Day for Compressors = 8,635455 Tk.
- Total Cost per Hour for Compressors = 3454560 Tk.
- Per m3 Air Cost = 0.35453 Tk.
- Total Cost per Year for E.T.P = 1, 36, 67,5645458 Tk.
- Total Cost per Month for E.T.P = 11, 38,954564 Tk.
- Total Cost per Day for E.T.P = 37,4565645.39 Tk.
- Total Cost per Hour for E.T.P = 1,565e6560.22 Tk.
- Per m3 Water cost for E.T.P = 1667676.95 Tk.
- Total Cost per Year for W.T.P = 43, 67,46767684 Tk.
- Total Cost per Month for W.T.P = 3, 63,56565957 Tk.
- Total Cost per Day for W.T.P = 11,96565656 Tk.
- Total Cost per Hour for W.T.P = 4994545 Tk.
- Per m3 Water Cost for W.T.P = 5.23434 Tk.
- Per m3 Water Cost for Washing = 1.34342 Tk
MAINTENANCE TOTAL COSTING
- Total Maintenance cost = 2,22329,95,642 Taka
- Total Maintenance cost per month = 19, 16,3232304 Taka
- Total Maintenance cost per day =63,8232377 Taka
- Total Maintenance cost per hour =2,623262 Taka
MAINTENANCE TOTAL COSTING
- Total Maintenance cost per day =98,732300 Taka
- Total Maintenance cost per month = 223239, 60,971
- Total Maintenance cost per Hour =4,113233 Taka
MAINTENANCE TOTAL COSTING SUMMARY
- Total Maintenance cost in 2011 = 3,07,98323,474 Taka
- Total Maintenance cost per month = 25, 623236,540 Taka
- Total Maintenance cost per day =85,552321 Taka
- Total Maintenance cost per Hour =3,532365 Taka
MAINTENANCE TOTAL COSTING SUMMAR
- Total Maintenance cost in 2012 = 5,73,91,632367 Taka
- Total Maintenance cost per month = 47, 82,632339 Taka
- Total Maintenance cost per day = 1, 59,423231 Taka
- Total Maintenance cost per Hour = 6,643233 Taka