Comprehension passages for grade 6
Comprehension passages for grade 6 – Read the following passage and answer the question that follow:
Rex Johnson is a long term employee of Carfox Corporation. He has been a supervisor in the production department. He is very loyal to Carfox and works hard to follow the company policy and procedure. Upper level management is very pleased with him. His sub-ordinates have the opposite opinion of Rex. They feel that he is always concerned with pleasing the upper level boss and not at all concerned with the employees if his department. For example, they feel that Rex never pushed hard for a substantial slice of the budget. Relative to other departments, they feel they are underpaid and over worked. There is a considerable dissatisfaction in the department, and everyone thinks that Rex is just a puppet for management. Performance has begun to suffer because of the strategy taken by Rex. Upper level management seems to be oblivious to the situation in the production department.
Analysis the above case and give your suggestion to improve the situation in the light of strategic management.
- Rex Johnson is a life time employee in Carfox Corporation.
- He is a supervisor of production department.
- Upper level management is very pleased with his works but his subordinates do not like him.
Some dissatisfaction as under:
- Lack of showing proper attention on interest of his subordinates.
- Relative to other department subordinates are underpaid but overworked.
- As like a puppet, Mr. Jhonson is always concerned with pleasing the upper level boss but performance of production department has begun to suffer because of the strategy taken by Mr. Jhonson and not expressing the actual fact to the upper level management. So upper level management oblivious to the situation in the production department.
List of suggestion to improve the situation in the light of Strategic Management:
- Appoint a stuff manager in the upper level management to find out the actual problem.
- Find out the actual problem which lies behind the deterioration of performance of production department.
- Find out the problem which lies in Rex Jhonson.
- Make a strategic action plan to solve the identified problem.
- Communicate mission, vision, goal, objective to the entire level of employee ( from upper level management to Rex’s subordinates)
- Ensure effective and efficient utilization by motivating employee of production department.
- Make“on the job” training for the progress for Rex jhonson.
- Suggestion for Rex Jhonson: Don’t be work oriented only. Always be worker and work oriented. Never be one sided. Comprehension passages for grade 6 with questions and answers We sale Employee Training Tracker Management Software