First Aid Policy
This company first aid policy and procedure is applicable for all the employees of Auto Group to get initial treatment in case of having any kind of injuries in the work place. This company first aid policy and procedure establishes guideline for the deployment of first aid kits and the administering of primary health care in case of accidental injuries or incidence of bad health; at Auto Group to enable the provision of medical first aid treatment and follow-up minor injuries at the work place. The goal is to provide supplies for appropriate care for minor injuries. The law requires every factory and office to maintain a supply of medicines and health care equipment to tackle emergencies that may occur. In addition there are potential hazards in factory work involving machines, chemicals, needle, and so on. So the company has to be equipped to face emergencies that may arise.
Company First Aid Policy and Procedure:
- Anyone who suffers from health problems or any injury is eligible to receive first aid.
- All offices and factories of the Auto Group will maintain the number of first aid kits in the proportion of the number of the people, as stated in the law.
- All offices and factories will have staff who are trained in providing first aid during emergencies and these people have to be identified and recognized by all.
- The company will ensure replenishment of stock at all times.
- Company takes the responsibility of providing 1st aid and then transferring the patient to a hospital and will not be responsible for providing health care beyond that point
- 1st aid facilities can be used only by employees of the company and by any visitor who suffered some injury during his/her visit
Regulations and Procedures:
- To encourage and promote a safe work environment with manageable stress levels. On the first aid box there are the names of the authorized persons who have proper training to medicate someone when necessary.
- The box should be kept locked to make sure that, none of the medicines and equipment are being misused or stolen.
- The supplies for the first aid boxes will be weekly checked by the authorized persons to make sure that, sufficient supplies are there and those are not expired.
- In case of any sort of severe injuries which cannot be treated with the first aid supplies in that case the employee should be taken to in house doctor quickly, if not available then to take to the nearest hospital.
- The first aid box will be kept at the place where people of one specific floor can easily come and take the help of the authorized persons to treat the initial injuries.
- Every week the authorized persons will scrutinize the first aid boxes to make sure the availability of the sufficient supplies and if required they will inform to the Welfare Department. Welfare Department will purchase the necessary supplies for the first aid boxes.
Authorized persons whose names are provided on the top of the first aid boxes and Welfare Department will be responsible for maintaining and provide services.
Communication & Implementation:
- First aid policy and procedure will be communicated through mail notifications to all and subsequent explanation by department heads to team members
- Also will be explained by HR team members
- Company first aid policy and procedure book will be provided to all department heads for reference
If injury is very serious, then the person could be immediately transferred to nearly hospital
There are reports made by the medical team, reports on medicine consumption, reports on treatment of injury cases. Regular review and tallying of the repots will be conducted by HR, Compliance and Welfare Departments will ensure timely requisition, rewards and proper disbursement and use of the medicines. Garment company first aid policy and procedure should be exist in all department.