Sock Knitting Machine
This In House Test Method circular sock knitting machine describes the method of test in order to determine any dimensional change which may occur to socks when subjected to washing. The correct number of test specimens are to be prepared and tested as specified within this test method in order to achieve a performance assessment of the product/fabric as described within the scope.
Sock Knitting Machine Equipment
- WASCATOR washing machine with BSEN26330 programme facilities.
- BSEN26330 method.
- Tumble dryer meeting the criteria of the HLCC guidelines for tumble drying.
- TS Maximum Stretch boards with the appropriate heel marks (produced by Hoseforma).
- Indelible markers.
- Metal graduated metric rule.
- Balance accurate to 1 decimal place.
- Polyester make-weights.
- ECE reference detergent (including sodium perborate).
Preparation of Test Specimens/Materials
A minimum of 1 pair of socks is required for the procedure. You should know more about Sock Abrason Tester
Test Procedure of Sock Knitting Machine
- The size of the socks to be indicated to the laboratory at the start of the procedure.
- Place each sock on a flat surface and place marks as indicated in Diagram 1.
- Measure the length dimension and record the measurement.
- Measure both leg (a) and foot (b).
Observe if the sock fits the board
- is too large (eg excess at the toe).
- Take hold of the fabric at the top of the heel (bottom of the leg) as indicated in Diagram 2 and pull towards you. If the fabric extends beyond the second line (after the heel pick line) on non elastomeric socks or beyond the third line on elastomeric socks, then the sock should be recorded as “large”.
- Is too small (eg if the heel pocket is creeping back to the underfoot).
Assessment/Results Of Tested Specimens
- Record these observations along with the flat measurements.
- Subject the socks to the required washing and drying procedure as indicated in the appropriate specification or as per Care Label.
- Re-measure the flat dimensions and record the results.
- Calculate the dimensional change in terms of a percentage of the original dimensions
- Re-fit each sock onto the board, fully stretching, extending and massaging and observe the nature of the fit as before (Para 4).
- Record the observations with the dimensional change results.
General Requirement for Sock
- Washing label: need wash under 40C for Cotton and Wool
- Test by SGS only because they have full equipment for sock testing
- Tension of welt elastic can’t too tight, must follow approval sample
- Elastic are well finished and can’t broken or expose outside
Reporting Of Results
- Size of socks tested.
- Size of sock board used.
- The average percentage dimensional change of the leg and foot of the two socks.
- Fit observations.
- Washing and drying procedure applied.
Circular Sock Knitting Machine for Sale
We will sale circular sock knitting machine. Please contact us