Emergency Boiler Repair
When gas is used as an energy source, cleaning of boiler pipes at the exhaust end often disappears from the maintenance program. However, the exhaust gas contains different kinds of floating particles that form scaling on the pipes…
Period of Time
A 0,3mm thick layer of scale causes an increase of 10 degrees C of the exhaust gas and 0,5 % extra energy loss. Cleaning reduces the temperature of the chimney resulting in fuel savings. This option is interesting for every company that has a steam installation. Integrating the cleaning of the pipes with the yearly maintenance of the installation makes this measure economically viable. Usually t (1) Boiler presser (2) Boiler Water Level. (3) Combustions Condition.
- Low Water Level Inspection.
- Boiler Water Inspection.
- Boiler Chemical Dosing.
- Boiler Water Blow Down.
- Fuel, Stem & water Leakage.
- Abnormal Sound Vibration of Rotating Machinery
(1)Flame eyes shining
(2) Ignition Burner Cleaning.
(3) Boiler Water Quality Inspection.
Every 06 Month
(2) Cleaning of terminal inside control panel.
(3) Smoke tube Cleaning (Incase of Using heavy air Flow.
- Perfunctory Material
- Feed Water Inner tube.
- Pressure duct.
- Safety Valve Emergency Boiler Repair
- Cleaning the inside Surface of Boiler.
- Drain Valve.
- Main Stem Stop Valve.
- Cleaning fire Tube.
- Smoke tube stay tube, smoke chamber.
Notes: Vertical Multistage centre fugal pump (50+Hz) for boiler pump – Emergency Boiler Repair
– appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) not provided to the workers and factory does not ensure that it is being used by them, such as active carbon organic vapour dust masks, gloves, chain mail gloves, safety glasses, rubber mat, ear plug, boots (e.g. washing plant)
– masks/scarves not provided for all workers especially thread sucking machine operator, knitting operator, cutting & sewing section (should be 100%), overlock operators, fusing section etc.
Ear plugs not provided for thread sucking operators.
– bandknife machines does not have 2 steel chain mail gloves provided only one (should have 2 as it is a 2 hand operation)
– electrical iron operators do not stand on rubber mats
– rubber mat not used in front of panel board in main electric panel room
– embroidery operators do not use ear plugs
– spray operators do not use hand gloves
– no PPE manual distributed to workers
– metal gloves found torn
Reducing heat loss through stack gas
The efficiency of boilers mainly depends on the efficiency of combustion process, which can be assessed through stack gas analysis. In terms of steam generation, the major heat loss is through heat carried away by stack gases (high amount of excess air) leading to lower boiler efficiency.
Small adjustment / reduction of excess air can lead to reduced heat loss through stack gas leading to huge savings of fuel.
Factors influencing the heat loss through stack gas include: quantity of excess air, frequency of fuel feeding, heat transfer between steam and boiler tubes (thickness of soot layer) .
It is recommended to check the excess air in stack gas (through O2 and CO2 monitoring) and temperature regularly and accordingly adjust the excess air.
The rule of the thumb for best combustion is when the stack gas achieves the following parameters:
• Temperature < 200oC (150-200oC) • O2 < 4% (the lower, the better) • CO2 > 12 – 14% (the higher the better)
Stack gas loss (%) is calculated as shown in the figure. The simple calculation of (fuel) savings is based on the reduction of stack gas loss. The adjustment of excess air will lead to change in stack gas loss, and therefore to the consumption of fuel, or savings.
Generally the excess heat loss reduction is achieved through draft control / optimising air-fuel ratio and cleaning boiler pipes for scales and soot.
Fuel conservation and Reduced green house gas emissions
Monitoring the stack gas is recommended for all types of boilers.
The measuring equipment (stack gas analyser) may cost between USD 200 – 5 000 (INR 9 000 – 225 000) depending on its function and accuracy after Emergency Boiler Repair