Audit Report of a Washing Factory
A security audit was carried out at Auto Washing Ltd on 15 August 2009
- Physical Security.
- Information Access Control.
- Storage and Distribution.
- Contractor Control.
- Drug Interdiction.
The audit team consisted of the following persons of Corporate Head Office.
The audit started at 1015 hrs and concluded at 1700 hrs. The following are the observations:
- Some lefty workers ID copy not displayed in the main gate.
- Security Awareness among the workers needs to be geared up.
- Background checks of old workers are not up dated frequently.
- 9 New Workers were found not issued with IDs.
- Employment history checks are not conducted correctly.
- Background checks are not completed for some new workers.
- The plant has some isolated security related policies but missing a comprehensive Security Policy contained in a single book.
- Missing ID card cases not investigated properly.
- The tree situated between the perimeter wall and the factory building should be covered with barbed wire.
- Chassis number of incoming cargo Covered Van not recorded in the Vehicle In/Out Register.
- Some lights were found fuse near the perimeter wall.
- There are no distribution records of keys.
- Phone number of nearest Police Station not displayed with other important number in the gate.
- Parking lot is not properly monitored.
- Back ground checks on all applicants are not documented.
- CCTV monitor recording is of 32 days only.
- Auto intrusion detection system not yet installed in the factory.
- Guards on patrol duty are not provided with torch lights at night.
- Training and awareness on Cargo Integrity, recognition and detection of dangerous substances, internal conspiracies etc are to incorporated in the training classes.
- Restriction on employees’ access must be restricted to own relevant areas.
- Some portion of perimeter wall needs more lights to illuminate during hours of darkness.
- Parking Lot for visitors and employees not separated.
- Internal patrolling of guards is not documented in Guards Patrol Register.
Information Access Control
- Computer back up system is not stored properly.
- Incidents of unauthorized IT system access are not investigated.
- Invalid password attempt to access file is not reviewed periodically.
- Information access related security and procedures are not documented and verifiable.
- The facility should implement intrusion warning system into its network system.
- Factory must possess a policy for disciplining IT system violators.
Storage and Distribution
- Cargo units are labeled but not weighed before loading.
- Storage and distribution security procedures need improvements.
- Restriction of movement of uninvolved persons in the loading dock.
- There is no security control system in place to prevent introduction of foreign materials at the point of loading.
- The sentry on duty at the store area needs to be trained further on counter intruder procedure.
- Partially loaded cargo vans are not sealed.
- Contractor Control
- Security related aspects are not incorporated in the agreement.
- Contractors records which are not documented in a separate register.
- While selecting contractor the facility does not consider contractor’s security control.
- Contractors back ground checks are not made.