Fabric Spreading Machine
Automatic fabric spreading means the smooth laying out of various types of fabric according to specific length. Fabric Spreading Machine is one type of machine by which the smooth laying out of various types of fabric according to specific length automatically instead of pulled by workers. The objective of spreading is to place a number of plies of fabric that the production planning process has dictated, to the length of the marker plan, in the colors required, correctly aligned to length and width, and without tension. Although in certain sections, it remains necessary to cut single garments, in most of the cases rejects is the cause of single piece cutting.
Application of Fabric Spreading:
Application of fabric spreading devices are given below-
- To keep the number of plies of fabric to the length according to the length of the marker plan perfectly aligned as to the length and width and without tension.
- To make every ply plain and flat.
- To cut many plies at a time.
Types of Fabric Spreader Machine:
There two types of fabric spreader machine:
- Flat fabric spreader machine
- Stepped fabric spreader machine
Parts of Automatic Spreading Machine :
- Fabric setting bar
- Bucket for roll fabric
- Manual Handle for fabric feeding
- Edge control sensor
- Expander roller
- Wind protection curtain
- Cutter rail
- Cutter device
- Fabric sliding plate
- Operation panel or cutter
Cutter device: Dismountable fabric spreading auto-cutter is available here and travel length and speed of cutter can be easily adjustable.
Automatic Lifting device: This device automatically lifts the layer of fabric at the time of spreading and the lifting gauze is changeable.
Edge control sensor : This device controls the edge of fabric.
Emergency stop: It has break line under the two side of table these break lines are can be pulled at the time of emergency to stop the machine immediately.
Bucket for roll fabric: This device automatically relaxes the fabric in tension and release the tension of fabric.
Fabric loading sensor: This device returns the spreader machine back to original position when fabric runs empty.
Expander roller: It catches the fabric both one way and face to face during spreading.
Operation panel : This display enables the user to set up the length of fabric and control the number of layer of fabric easily.
Specification of Fabric Spreader Machine:
Standard specification of a fabric spreader machines is given blow-
|Specifications Name||Specifications Value|
|Machine Category||Fabric Spreader Machine|
|Product Name||Fabric Spreader|
|Product Model||According to Manufacturer|
|Brand/Manufacturer||Name of Manufacturer|
|Agent In Bangladesh||No/Yes|
|Working width:||160-180-200-220-240 CM (63.0-70.8-78.8-86.6-94.5 inches)|
|Max roll diameter||5O cm|
|Fabric thickness||5cm(each ply)|
|Spread||All type of fabric from lycra to Denim|
|Maximum height of spread||25cm|
|Display:||Total number of plies – plies to spread and plies already spread|
|Motor||1.6 /2.0 Kw|
Advantage Spreading Machine:
- Auto ply cutting device for spreading of fabric
- Auto ply counting arrangements
- Auto catcher to gold the ends of the ply.
- Auto fabric tensioning device is used for spreading of fabric
- Fabric selvedge alignment is done by photo electric guide.
- Fabric fault detector is used in spreading of fabric
- Macine gives automatically a signal when spreading of fabric is done.
- All kind of fabric can be spreaded and all kind of fabric lay can be prepared in this machine..
- Fabric spreading can be done very quickly.
- Less labor cost by spreading of fabric.
Fabric Spreading Table Feature:
Standard and air flotation spreading table feature are
- To easily pull spread fabrics by blowing device, pulling and cutting fabrics at the same time, largely raising work efficiency.
- Thickness of spreading table is 28cm with several boards. Surface is stuck imported strong material.
- Two sides of spreading table are installed stainless steel. Linking between two boards is flat.
- Holes on the spreading table are especial holes, which are not the same others and can not jam holes when gas beads are left.
- Stand is made of cold rolling 4cm*8cm No. C tube and welded through after pickling with powder painting coating. There is screw under the stand, which may adjust height freely to support flat spreading table and well spreading fabrics.
- To adopt module design, it is convenient installing, transportation. Length of section is 1.20m. It is wide to use with all kinds of brands spreaders and automatic cutting bed.
- Width of spreading table is depended on specification of spreader. Widths are usually 1.83m, 2.13m, 2.33m and so forth. Height of stand is 80-90cm.
Types of Fabric Spreading Table:
Various types of fabric spreading tables are listed below –
- Manual turning spreading table consist of cradle for face to face fabric spreading.
- General fabric spreading table
- Fabric spreading table with air blowing facility.
- Fabric spreading table with conveyor belt.
How to Operate Automatic Fabric Spreading Machine:
- On power switch
- Off edge control switch
- Off clutch switch
- Set spreading mode
- Set roll condition
- Set spreading length and pcs of layers
How to Set the Fabric:
- Set edge control device in center
- Set fabric roll in the bucket at center position
- Pull the fabric by feeding switch
- Use manual handle to feed down for the fabric
- Until pass through the cutting device, feed the fabric by manual handle
- Set the edge control sensor position
- On edge control device
- On clutch switch
- Start cutter device to cut vertical line
- Push left drive switch to start the machine
Before Use Fabric Spreader:
- Select spreading length
- Install start position attachment at table stand
- Operate manual grip to drive the machine to start position
- Set block at the center position
- Push manual grip to left drive
- Stop the machine where you want to finish spreading and push manual measurement key it will be turn on, an measurement will be installed.
Please refer below Instruction, if you have a trouble in your machine.
Error Message: Machine does not drive.
- Turn on Power Switch?
- Display Error Message for Main Drive?
- If so, turn off the power and restart after 2-3 min.
- Check Power & Wire condition.
Error Message: Machine can drive by Manual. But it does not drive by Automatic.
- Work Fabric End Sensor?
- Check Fabric Roll Position or Edge Control Sensor.
- Work Emergency Limit Switch?
- Check Emergency Wire.
- Set Number of Pcs.?
- Check Counter Full?
- Check RS Relay which located inside of Electric Box
- Whether Lighting or not. (If Lighting, machine will not run.)
Error Message: Machine stop during spreading
- Work Fabric End Sensor?
- Check Trolley Duct. (Metal Bar must be touch each other.)
- Check Power Connection.
Error Message: Does not work for Emergency Wire
- Check Emergency Limit Spring.
- Check Limit Switch Condition.
- Position is correct for Emergency Limit Switch?
Error Message: Electric Leakage
- Install Ground Connection.
- Check other devices.
Error Message: Measurement is not accurate .
- When Manual driving, use grip smoothly. (Wheel Slip)
- Check Wheel surface whether any dust attached on it?
- Check Driving Belt Tension.
Error Message: Does not work for Edge Control Device
- Check On Condition for Edge Control Switch.
Error Message: Cutter Device does not move to up automatically.
- Check setting with any number.
- Check Parameter setting seconds.
Error Message: Does not work for Bucket Device
- Check Fuse.
Error Message: Does not work for Bucket by Auto.
- But it will be works by Manual.
- Need Edge Sensor Sensitivity Adjustment.
- Check Edge Sensor Surface dust etc.
- Clean by clothes.
- Work Fabric Entl Sensor?
- Clutch switch should be Off.
Error Message: Cutter Device does not drive, and Round Knives also not rotating.
- Check Cutter Device Connector.
- Check Fuse Condition.
- Work Fabric End Sensor?
- Select Zig Zag Mode?
SOP For Fabrics Spreading:
- Before fabric lay fabric must be relax according to fabric nature.
- Dilot should be separate segarate according to fabric.
- Laying of fabric must do according to fabric dilot.
- Fabric laying length must keep in twenty yards not above.
- You must know about fabric length and quantity before laying the fabric.
- Over laping is not acceptable when we laying fabric
- Tension of fabric must keep in normal according to fabric nature.
- Ramnent must keep in hand after laying fabric.
- Spaik are using every 1yard (after 1 yard) for check fabric.
Application Of Fabric Spreading Machine :
The bulk cutting of the garments, makes it possible to cut garments in bulk and by doing so achieves the savings in fabric that is available through the use of multi-garment marker plans and the savings in the cutting time per garment that result from cutting many plies at the same time.
The spreading study I adopted in my study included
- The requirements of the spreading process
- The method of spreading
- The nature of fabric packages
The spreading requirements which includes the objectives achieved by the spreading process are
- Shade sorting of cloth pieces
- Correct ply direction and adequate lay stability
- Alignment of plies
- Correct ply tension
- Elimination of fabric fault
- Avoidance of fusion of plies during cutting (for polyester)
The fabric is drawn from the package, which is the roll in this case. This roll is supported on a frame, and the end is carried along the table where another operator who clamps the end on the clamp secures the end. The other operators align the edges and check the tension of the ply. The operator releasing the end, in the meanwhile cuts the end of the fabric from the roll, and is ready for another lay. The operator taking the fabric to the other end comes back empty ended, and he too is ready for another lay. The end of the fabric is cut using a round knife in case of solid or stripe fabric. But in case of the check fabric, a cut is made, using a hand cutter and the width of the fabric is torn manually, so that there is no bowing or skewing occurring due to shifting of grain during cutting.
The spreading is done manually and there is no fabric spreading machine for the purpose. The spreading mode is also generally nap-one-way face-one-way. The cheap labor provides the major reason for the existing mode of spreading and also the use of fabric spreading machine can be avoided for the same reason.
The spreading of a lay requires 3-8 people for laying, depending on the marker mode and the size of the lay. These people do various spreading related work like, holding and taking the fabric from the roll, taking the end of the fabric roll to the other end, aligning the fabric with the lower plies, and catching the other end of the spread. Even in a scenario of a small spread, at least 3 people are required, specifically, 1 for releasing and cutting the fabric, 1 for taking the end of the fabric to the other end and 1 for catching this end of the fabric.
The wooden tables are used for spreading and they are coated with a ply, in order to avoid shifting. The tables are 856” long, 67” wide and have a height of 33”. The lighting condition is sufficient throughout the room, since there are as many as 22 lights over one table and 8 fans over the same area.
Spreading of fabric is also can be done in manual method. The person carrying the end of the fabric goes with the fabric to the other end but comes back empty handed, so he is being paid for only the double as compared to the actual work he is doing. For bigger length of spreads, there are as many as 4 people employed just to align the fabric and check the tension throughout. Therefore, this spreading process is not very productive and should be taken into consideration and a change should be brought in the spreading technique as soon as possible. In manual method fabric can be spreaded by hand, by hook and spreading truck with the help of operator.Obaidur Rahman, Bangabandhu Textile Engineering College-BTEC, Tangail, Email: [email protected] , contact:01671153417