Eco Cotton Requirements
We commit to comply with Eco Cotton Requirements as listed below, and to take the responsibility for informing all our suppliers and subcontractors about the content of these requirements and to make sure that they also comply.
- Only Eco cotton fibre, certified according to both EEC Regulation No. 2033 and NOP (American National Eco Program), has been used for buyer Eco cotton orders.
- All factories (from spinning to garment) in production has to be certified according to OE 100 / OE blended standard with valid expire date has been used for buyer Eco cotton orders.
- All dyeing and other processes
are in accordance to:
- buyer Chemical Restrictions
- buyer Supplier Colour Guide Book
- buyer Quality Standards and Requirements
- Dye mills and other wet process units have waste water treatment according to relevant legislation of the county in which they operate.
- The whole production of Eco cotton garments shall be organized in a way that contamination of the Eco cotton fiber/fabric is prevented. All materials must be clearly labeled and identified as Eco throughout the entire production chain, according to OE 100 and blended standards.
- A Transaction certificate prepared by certifier must be given to buyer for each and every order. The transaction certificate shall state that the H&M order has been produced with 100% Eco fibre or as much as specified on the order (95%-100 or 50%).