Textile Yarn Tester- Yeoman Yarns:
Textile yarn tester is test equipment which test textile yarn mohair yarns, polyester yarn, yeoman yarns for measuring optimum quality as these are quality tested by efficient auditors on various parameters. Only after they are assured of the quality aspect of these products, then only the professionals dispatch about the products to the market.
Types of Yarn Tester
1. Wrap Reel
4. Mechanical Lea Strength Yarns Tester
5. CSP Yarn Systems
6. Yarn Appearance Board Winder
7. Electronic Lea Strength Yarns Tester
8. Count And CSP System
9. Tensile Strength Yarn Tester
Specifications of Reel Wraps Yarn Tester for Textile Yarn:
[label type=”label” title=”Specifications Name”]
[label type=”label” title=”Specifications Value”]
Yarn Testing Machine
Reel wraps for Yarn Length Testing
According to Manufacturer
Name of Manufacturer
Agent in Bangladesh
AC220V 50Hz 100W
Test yarn fray
1000mm (metric system)(YG086D)
Spacing of yarn
Girth of yarn frame
780 mm×660mm × 480mm
Rev of reel
25-300 RPM (numeric pre-settable)
Interval of spindle
Number of wrap
This Electronic Reel wraps is designed to produce skeins of yarn of a pre determined length and number of turns for count and strength testing
What is Mohair Yarn Testing:
Mohair yarn occupies the intermediate position in the manufacture of fabric from raw material. Yarn results are essential for both estimating the quality of raw material and for controlling the quality of fabric produced. The important characteristics of yarn being tested are described below shortly-
- Yarn twist
- Linear density
- Yarn strength
- Yarn elongation
- Yarn evenness
- Yarn hairiness etc.
Twist of yeoman yarns are called turns which is twisting the fiber.
Linear Density of Yarn:
The excellence of the yarn is usually expressed in terms of its linear thickness. There are a amount of systems and units for expressing yarn fineness. But they are categorised as follows
- Direct system
- Indirect System
Checking More Testing:
- Uneven shade
- Oil spot
- Crease mark
- Machine Stoppage mark
- Line mark
- Pick missing
- Double yam
- Dead cotton
- Fly yam contamination
Experiment Name: To measure the wash fastness.
The “color fastness” of a colored textile is defined as its resistance to these changes when subjected to particulates of conditions. It follows that color fastness must be specified in terms of these changes and expressed in terms of the magnitude.
Color-fastness to wash:
Wash-fastness is perhaps the most common once to be carried out: It is necessary to bear in mind that there are two types of wash
- Domestic wash
- Industrial wash
Which can be carried out with different of severity and for this reason there are 5 normalized types of with soap and at least 16 normalized washing tests for domestic and commercial laundering using a standard detergent.
The different characteristics are indicated in the table below:
Characteristics of test for fastness to washing with soap
Now we shall describe washing test no. 1 as an example to explain the mode of the operation.
If the sample adjusted to the test is fabric a rectangular measuring I0x4 cm- is cut out and placed the multifibre of the same size. The, composite specimen is placed in a container of the sample dyeing machine along with a soapy solution with a liquor ratio 1:50. The machine is started and the sample is streed 30 min
- ECHO SCOURING: ISO 105 C06 A2S 40’C
- DECATHLON ISO 105 C06 60-C
- CARRE FOUR ISO 105 C06
- WELL L L ORD ISO 105 C06 A2S 40-C
- EURO CENTRA ISO 105 C06 A2S 40’C
- Sample size 10×2 cm.
- Multi fiber at 10×2 cm
- ECE detergent (WOB)
- Sodium per-borate
5, Distilled water
- Normal cold water
- Steel balls
- Sample dyeing machine
- pH meter (where necessary)
- Stitch machine
- Cut sample & multifibre at I Ox2 cm and then Stitch
- 4 g/l ECE detergent (WOB) + 1~ I Sodium-pr borate put in distilled water & cooled at 20C and measure p (where necessary)
- Run the program in the following way:
- Rinse the sample twice with cold water.
- Dry at 60C by hanging or by Flat iron pressing but temperature should not be more than 150C.
Experiment Name :To measure the color-fastness to water.
Buyer’s Reguirements :
- ECHO SCOURING: ISO 105: 1996 EOI
- DECATHLON: ISO 105: 1996 EOI
- CARRE FOUR: ISO 105: 1996 E02
- WELL LORD ISO 105: 1996 EOI
- EURO CENTRA: ISO 105: 1996 EO, I
- Sample size: Cut the specimen & the multifibre at 10×2 cm & sewn together.
- Solution: Wet in distilled water at room temperature & socked but only for CAREE FOUR wet in 30g/l Nacl Solution at room temperature & socked.
- Place it in acrylic resin plates & put the weight on to the plates.
- Keep it in oven and kept the temperature at 3 7± 02’c for 4 hrs.
- Open the specimen and dry it in the air not exceeding 60’c temperature.
- Assess the staining & shade change with grey scale.
Experiment Name :To measure the fastness to perspiration acid and alkaline.
- LDECATHLON: ISO 105: 1996 E04
- CARRE FOUR: ISO 105: 1996 E04
- WELL LORD ISO 105: 1996 E04
- EURO CENTRA: ISO 105: 1996 E04
Experiment Name: To measure the fastness to rubbing (Dry & Wet).
- L ECHO SOURCHING: ISO 105 X 12
2 DECATH-LON ISO 105 X 12
- CARREFOUR ISO 105 X 12
- WELL LORD ISO 105 X 12
- EURO CENTRA ISO 105 X 12
- Rubbing cloth: Take rubbing cloth at 5×5 cm size
- Sample size: Take the specimen at 14×5 cm at wales wise and course wise
- Put the rubbing cloth on to the grating and stag by steel wire and run ten times manually and assess the rubbing cloth with grey scale.
- Place the rubbing cloth on the water and socked and squeeze. Place the wet rubbing cloth on to the grating and stag with stainless steel wire and run ten times manually. then assess the staining on to the rubbing cloth by grey scale for wet rubbing.
Experiment Name: To measure the pilling of the given fabric.
Please not that all test specimens should be conditioned at 65 ± 5 R.H. 20 20′ c temperature. For 16 hrs & 2 hrs for polyester fabric. If customer demand then prior to test specimen should be washed at least 15 min & then dry and then try to start for testing.
- Cut the fabric 12.5 x 12.5 cm & benchmarks should be 10 cm by using template.
- Then sewn the fabric so that it can be firmly fit in to the tube a moulded polyurethane tube.
- Then four tubes are placed in a box and start 60 ± 02 rev/min for at least 5 hours or according to the buyer requirements.
- Then assess the pilling by putting tested specimens at the view cabinet and compare with standard photograph.
Experiment Name: To measure the dimensional stability (Shrinkage & spirality Buyer’s Requirements :
- .ECHO SCOURING: BSEN 26330: 19994 6a 40C (Flat Dry)
- DECATHLON: ISO 50770 40 (Tumble Dry)
- CARRE FOUR: ISO 6330 40C (Tumble Dry)
- VELL LORD: ISO 6330 40C (Tumble Dry)
- EURO CENTRA: BSEN 26330 40C (Tumble Dry)
- SQURE: ISO 6330 4a 50C (Tumble Dry)
- Conditioning: Put the sample in table for 4 hrs for conditioning before starting test.
- Cut the sample 50×50 cm & benchmark should be 35×35 cm. Stitch the sample (3 sides) by over lock sewing machine.
- Put sample in washing machine in the following ways for different buyer:
- ECHO: Gentle Wash Temp 40 ± 3C (washing +4 Rinse +3 Spin) total 30 min.
- DECATHLON: Normal Wash Temp. 40 ± 3 C (washing +4 Rinse +3 Spin) total 30 min.
iii. CAREE FOUR: Normal Wash Temp. 40 ± 3C (washing +4 Rinse +3 Spin) total 30 min.
- WELL LORD: According to care label if mentioned or Normal Wash Temp. 40 ± 3 C (washing +4 Rinse +3 Spin) total 30 min.
- EURO CENTRA: According to care label if mentioned or Normal Wash Temp. 40 ± 3C (washing +4 Rinse +3 Spin) total 30 min.
- SQURE: Gentle Wash Temp 50 ± 3′ C (washing +4 Rinse +3 Spin.) total 30 min.
- Drying: All Buyers’ requirement is tumble Dry except ECHO SCOURING is flat dry.
Shrinkage test calculation
Spirality test calculation :
A = The right side distance of the specimen from the stitch line after wash
B = The left side distance of the specimen from the stitch line after wash.
Experiment Name: To measure the fastness to light with the Megaosol light fastness tester Procedure:
- Cut the four pieces of test specimens according to the length & width wise and attached with the specimen holder.
- Then the holder set in to the Megasol light fastness tester.
- Then the experiment continued at 72 hours according to the buyer’s requirement.
- After 72 hours later the specimen taken from the light fastness tester.
- Then the test specimen compare with the Blue scale or computer.
Experiment Name: To measure the GSM of the fabric by GSM cutter.
- Cut the fabric with the GSM cutter (gram per square inch).
- Weight the fabric with the electric balance.
The weight of the fabric 2.51 gm. That means the GSM of the fabric is 251. Because when we cut the fabric with the GSM cutter then we get I from the 100 meter from the square meter.
Experiment Name: To measure the CPI & MTI with the magnifying glass setting
- Take the fabric& marking I inch with the ball pen according to the course& wales wise
of a knitted fabric.
- Then set the marking point with the multiplier scale & counting the CPI & WPI of knitted fabric in l inch.
Dyeing solution (all classes of reactive dyes):
Water: 840 CC
Cibacel DBC: 60 CC
Ciba flow C: 20 CC
Ergasol CO: 40 CC
Lioptan R/G: 40 CC
Total : 1000 CC
Dyeing solution (all classes of reactive dyes):
Water : 880 CC
Invadine DIF/DP: 40 CC
AB45: 80 CC
Total: 1000 CC
L:R = 1:8
Fabric weight: 5 gin
Soda ash solution: 10 % (Prepared in to lab)
Soap solution: (Prepared in the lab)
Cibacron R = 1 gm/l
Cibacel DBC = 0. 5 gm /l
L: R = 1:20
Acetic acid = 0. 5 gm/l
Textile Yarn Strength And Elongation:
Breaking strength and elongation is important factors for representing the performance of the polyester yarn.
- Single end strength
- Skein strength for reel wraps