What is Blind Stitch?
Blind stitch sewing machine for blind stitching is a special type of sewing machine which is used in the garments industries to produce stitches is not seen on the face side of the fabric is called blindstitch sewing machine. Usually curved needle is used in this machine as it can penetrate in the fabric partially.
How to Blind Stitch Machine Works?
This machine is used for blind stitch hem and attaching the lining to the waistband. Blind sewing machine stitches represent high quality and perform equally well on light to heavy fabrics.
It works as presser foot and sewing machine repair facility is available. In the following this machine works-
- Turn on the power switch of the motor.
- Turn on the power switch of the control box.
- Fold a fabric into two, insert it into the blind-hemming guide, and pull down the guide horizontally.
- Raise the presser foot to set the fabric under it.
- Lower the presser foot to start sewing.
- Bling-hemming guide is fixed with the solenoid.
- When the stepped part passes through the guide, the slide edge guide moves to the right to prevent off-stitches.
- When coming the start point of sewing near the guide, push the knee switch to raise the blind-hemming guide.
- Finish sewing.
Blind Stitching Sewing Machine with Parts:
Blind stitch sewing machine with parts is listed here –
- Cone stand
- Side cover
- Skip stitch device
- presser foot
- Thread guides
- Thread take-up lever
- Thread tensioner
Features of Blind Stitch Machine :
The features of Blind Stitch Machine is described here shortly for better understanding about the machine-
Off-stitch prevention: Off-stitch can be prevented because this is stepped part detection type. When the stepped part at joint seam passes the blind-hemming guide, the sensor detects the stepped part and the slide edge guide moves to the right to prevent off-stitch.
Guide fix: table seam can be obtained and very beautiful sewing will result because the blind-hemming guide is fixed securely with the solenoid during sewing. Also when the stepped part of joint seam passes the blind-hemming guide and the sensor, the guide is fixed and the sensor detects the stepped part correctly.
Easy guide operation: The blind-hemming guide is raised by pressing the knee switch lightly and manual raising is unnecessary, and the beautiful sewing finish. When placing a fabric, the blind-hemming guide is free (no load), and placing of a fabric is easy.
Easy interchanging to plain sewing (with TC device only): When CH device swings out frontward and the lever of TC device moves to plain sewing direction, the tension changes from blind hemming to plain sewing and easy plain sewing is possible.
Easy cleaning: Swing-out type of CH device can be easy to clean the device.
More technical features are listed below-
- High speed sewing up to a maximum of 40000 rpm
- Clearance between needle and looper point machine which can be easily lever adjusted when changing the needle count.
- Special type of sewing machine and very expensive design for blind stitching machine
- Using this machine works?
- Fabric penetration by the curved needle is partial.
Specification of Blind Stitch Machine:
Specifications of a sewing machine with stitches are specified here –
|[label type=”label” title=”Specifications Name“]||[label type=”label” title=”Specifications Value“]|
|Product Name||blind stitch machine|
|Product Model||According to Manufacturer|
|Agent in Bangladesh||No/Yes|
|Group||Chain stitch (Intra looping)|
|Stitch per minute||2500|
|No of needle||1 needles|
|No of looper||1 looper|
|Seam class||Super imposed|
|Description||This machine is used for sewing machine stitches|
Blind Stitch Sewing Machine Installation :
Before operating, ALWAYS turn the motor power switch OFF and check that the motor has already stopped. Install the control box at the right or left end on the back surface of the machine table, and the knee switch on the right or left side easy to operate. Refer to Fig. 3 to connect those connectors with the same color and shape, and the power cord to the control box.
To prevent something moving from hitting and tearing the cord, attach the cord to some place like the table legs. Be careful not to damage the cord. Unplug the motor power cord from the outlet when operating. Turn OFF the power switch on the control box.
Connecting power cord: If not different from standard, change the power cord and fuse. Connect the red and black cords to the terminals on the motor’s side of the power switch. The green cord is a ground wire. Connect it to the same screw to which the ground wire of the motor’s side is connected.
Precautions of Blind Stitch Sewing Machine :
Use always those fuses applicable to the capacity of the power voltage used. Even if fuses are the same size, their capacities can be different. Be sure to check printed capacities. Using inapplicable power cord or fuse can damage the machine.
Opening Front Cover:
- When adjusting the looper, open the front cover as follows.
- Slide the presser foot to the left.
- Pull the part(1) of CH device frontward to swing out at 180° .
- Slide the front cover to the right and tilt it frontward.
Interchange to Plain Sewing of Blind Stitch Machine:
Interchange to plain sewing as follows.
- Slide the presser foot to the left.
- Pull the part (1)of CH device frontward to swing out at 180° . It is held with the solenoid holder fixing spring plate(2)
- Set the lever of TC device in the direction “T”
Standard Adjustment of Hemming Operation:
- Adjust the differential feeding amount depending on a fabric.
- To set the blind-hemming edge guide as standard, align the left side of the slide edge guide with that of the needle.
- Loosen the adjusting lever (1)and turn the adjusting screw depending on the stitch depth.
- To make the stitch deep, turn the adjusting screw (2)to the right.
- To make the stitch shallow, turn the adjusting screw(2) to the left.
- After setting the blind-hemming edge guide, fix the adjusting lever(1)
- Make the standard height of the blind-hemming edge(3) 2 mm above the top of the cloth plate. Loosen the screw(4) to adjust the height to feed a heavy weight fabric smoothly.
- Loosen the screw(5) and move the hemming positioner(6) right or left to adjust the hemming width.
Safety of Blind Stitch Machine:
This machine can only be used for the blind stich purpose. Other uses of this machine are not allowed. Any modification or conversion made on this machine must be conformed with the safety standards and regulations. Precaution is necessary. For the safety of operators and services persons, please don’t open the cover of any electronic control boxes of the motor or other devices and don’t touch any components inside to avoid electrical shock hazards. Please never operate this machine without belt cover, figure guard or any safety devices to avoid physical injury.
This type of machine is not used for normal purpose of sewing machine stitches. But for making a complete garment their importance cannot be denied. So, Automatic Blind Stitch Sewing Machine very popular in the garments industries. Md. Ferdus Alam, B.Sc. in Textile Engineering, Southeast University, Cell # 1723300700, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org