Slitting Machine or Slitter:
Slitting machine or slitter is an industrial equipment is used for tubular fabric for making it to open form finishing line by machine operator for textile design. Slitting is a special process that is useful for cutting the tubular cloth through cut or laser cut machine direction prior to stenter machine and open width compactor machine. During slitting by slitter machine it is necessary to be very attentive about the cutting line or else, cloth faults can be occurred there any time. It is used also for textile design. Slitting is a process which is applied for cutting the tubular fabric through the intended break wales line or lengthways direction prior to Stenter processing
Parts of this Industrial Equipment:
The parts are listed below-
- Rotary blade
- Laser cut blade
- Guide Roller
Function of Slitting Machine for Laser Cut:
The functions of the machine are listed below-
- GSM of cloth can control by machine operator for textile design
- It can control the diameter of fabric by slitter machine operated by machine operator,
- This industrial equipment use for removing excess water
- Some slitting machine have laser cut facility
- This industrial equipment use after pretreatment and dyeing.
- This industrial equipment slit tubuler cloth by the knife
- Fabric diameter can control by this industrial equipment,
- Slitting Machin use for preparing the cloth for stenter machine and open width compactor,
- Twisting unit of slitter removes of cloth
Specifications of Slitter for Tubular Fabric:
The specification of the machine is listed below-
|[label type=”label” title=”Specifications Name“]||[label type=”label” title=”Specifications Value“]|
|Machine Category||Slitting Machine / Slitter|
|Product Name||Slitting Machine for Tubular cloth|
|Product Model||According to Manufacturer|
|Agent in Bangladesh||No/Yes|
|Width of Roller||80″~120″|
|Main Motor||2HP gearmotor + 2HP inverter|
|Outer Motor||2HP gearmotor + 2HP inverter|
|De-twisting control||automatically or manually|
|Description||Dual functions for opening tubular cloth after dyeing and automatic rope opening machine is equipped with stainless steel detwister|
Abnormalities seen in the Finishing Process:
Slitter Machine –Operators diligence & concentration should be at the highest level when operating a Sutter slitter m/c. no negligence case was seen in the spot.
Dewater m/c- Air pressure is the main object to be considered. Less air quantity in the fabric tube can create crease mark. So there is always a crease mark area formed near the swatch cut as air comes out from that point. Some negligence has been seen here. The operators sometimes fail to maintain the proper air pressure.
Stenter Machine – One temperature sensor is not working. Continuous problem with a burner was observed. Fabric guiding roller sensor is not working properly.
Tensionless Dryer- cooling fan of the control panel is not working. So a stand fan is been used here. Fabric centering guide is not functioning properly. No negligence case was seen here.
Process Requirements of Slitter
- Equipment used
- Following equipment is used for slitting process :
- Airtex Slitter Machine (Sweden).
- Key Accessories
- Following key accessories are used for slitting process :
- Sewing machine
- Sewing thread
- Cutting blade
- Measuring tape, etc.
- Materials / Chemicals Used
- Not applicable.
Safety of Slitter Mc
- Following Do’s and Don’ts are to be followed during operation :
- Do not wear loose dress that may entangle with the machine parts while running.
- Always wear rubber shoes.
- Be careful about the circular cutting blade.
- Do not insert hands between the rollers during running the machine.
- Be careful in handling the trolley of fabrics.
- Be aware of the first aid treatment procedure.
Operation Procedure of Slitting Machine
Operation stuffs of Slitting Process includes:
- Textile Technologist / Production Executive
- Production Co-ordinator
- Machine Operator
- Assistant Operator
Checklist Before Operation
Operator must check the following items before slitting the fabric in the Slitter machine:
- Machine parameters are set.
- Required manpower is available for feed side and delivery side.
- Feed side fabric is set in the round trolley.
- Empty trolley is set for delivery side.
- Sewing machine is set at the delivery side to stitch the unstitched rolls of the fabric.
The operator fixes the trolley on the turning table and picks up the fabric in a round trolley, then following a standard operating passage way he starts the machine for slitting that fabric.
Product Quality Check
Design Check: Operator checks the design of fabric at delivery side and matches with the required design as specified in the batch card.
Fabric Bow & Slant Check: Operator checks the bowing and slanting of fabric at delivery side. If any abnormality is found, he adjusts the machine. If he fails to make that straight, he informs to shift officer to take the necessary action(s).
Fault Check: The operator checks the knitting fault (i.e. Double yarn, missing yarn, yarn contamination, etc.), spinning faults (i.e. Thick & thin yarn, barre mark etc.), and other faults (i.e. Dye stain, bend mark, chemical stain, torn & hole, shade variation, etc.) during the process. When minor faults occur within 2-3 rolls which is not resulted from previous process and also not recorded on the batch card, the necessary actions to be taken are as follows :
- Checks the feed side fabric to make sure that these faults did not occur from the previous process.
- Stop the machine to identify the place where from this faults are occurring.
Response to Equipment Faults
Following are the response to be taken in case of equipment fault of Slitting machine:
|Turn Table Problem||Mechanical Engineer should be called|
|Forwards/reverse Problem||Electrical Engineer should be called|
|Speed Potentiometer Problem||Electrical Engineer should be called|
|Basket Moving Problem||Mechanical/Electrical Engineer should be called|
|Plaiter Problem||Mechanical Engineer should be called|
|Circular Cutting Blade Problem||Mechanical Engineer should be called|
Slitting Machine /Area Cleaning
- The daily and weekly cleaning works for Slitting Machine are described below:
- Clean the sieves that can be reached from the outside of the machine at least once per shift
- Clean the moving basket properly after each batch.
- Clean all the rollers properly after each batch.
- The Maintenance Department performs the preventive maintenance task as per the PM schedule. Refer to Maintenance Specification for details.
Applicable Forms & Documents
- Forms & Documents Used
- The necessary forms & documents for Slitting process are listed below :
- Process Batch Card
- Machine Downtime Report
- Production Register of Slitter Machine
- Document Flow
- The document flow of Finishing Process is as follows :
- Operator fills out the Batch and the concerned officer put his signature on it upon verification. The Batch Card moves with the fabric for the next step of finishing process. (i.e. Stenter).
- Machine Downtime Report is maintained to keep record of any stoppage in production due to machine break down or any other reason. Operator fills this and the responsible officer sign on it upon verification
- Production Register of Slitter Machine is used to keep records of date wise production details. Operator fills this out along with his remarks (if any) and this report is recorded for future reference.
- Examples of all applicable forms and documents are attached.
Sleeting Machine Maintenance:
 Nurja, B.Sc in Textile Engineer, City University, Email: email@example.com