What is Carton
- Carton strapping is permitted but use of staples is NOT permitted.
- Cartons are not to exceed 15kg GW
- All cartons should be 3 ply grade cardboard.
- All cartons should have a cardboard insert on top of the contents to protect the goods when we open the carton
- All cartons must be H sealed with Pelmark tape – see diagram
- The following carton markings are required on all four sides and will be printed directly on to the cartons:
Supplier Name: Pelmark Direct
Item No: (Refer to matrix below for details)
Product Code: (Refer to matrix below for details)
PD Product Code: (Refer to matrix below for details)
TML PO Number: (Refer to matrix below for details)
KB PO Number: (Refer to matrix below for details)
PO Number: (Insert Pelmark PO number here)
Size: (Insert size for item in carton)
Colour: (Refer to matrix below for details)
SOP for Garments Carton Process
A) AIM: To identify packaging and labeling standards for carton box marking and carton box content of products manufactured for Tema Mağazacılık.
B) SCOPE: This procedure covers all products manufactured domestically and internationally for Tema Mağazacılık.
Polybag: A plastic bag used for packaging products individually.
Blister bag: A bag used for packaging together assorted products which are already packaged individually in polybags.
Solid colour-solid size: One size of each colour of a product.
Assortment: Size distribution of a product (E.g. S/1, M/2, L/2, XL/1).
Lot: A packaged assortment.
Solid colour-solid size Packaging: Packaging only solid colour-solid size products in one box. (E.g. 30 pieces in a box, Style: CITY, Colour: Navy, Size: S)
Single Lot Packaging: Packaging only one lot in one box.
Multiple Lot Packaging: Packaging two or more lots in one box.
Mixed Size Box: Packaging same-colour different-size products, which are not included to the order, in one box.
CARTON BOX CONTENT STANDARDS:
- Products in one lot should be layered tidily on top of each other. Products should not be placed side-by-side in one lot.
- A Lot Label should be attached to each lot package in a box. Please refer to Example-1 to see how the label is placed. The lot label should not be a thermal label.
- Lot packages in a box should be firmly taped with a 4.5 cm-wide transparent tape. The lot label should not be on the same side as the tape. It should be attached on the opposite side.
- All products in a box should have price hangtags. Price hangtag details should be visible; if there are any additional hangtags, they should be layered under price hangtags. Barcode IDs on price hangtags should definitely be visible. Product price hangtag, product inner barcode label, lot label and carton box marking barcode label should all have matching information.
- The assortment distribution and the packaging should be made according to the assortment agreed for the order. Products which are not included in assortments should be boxed as solid colour-solid size.
- Different sizes or styles, which do not match with the information on the lot label or box label, should NEVER be added to the package simply to complete missing sizes or colours.
- Carton Separators should be put at bottom and top side of inner carton boxes, to avoid the possible damages to the garments when opening the boxes by knife, scissors etc.
- Barcode coding system should be good. It is forbidden to use any other barcode coding system for labeling.
- The polybag quality should be 7-8 micron Polypropylene (PP).
- The blister bag quality should be 9-10 micron Polyethylene (PE).
- Polyethylene (PE) and Polypropylene (PP) based bags should not contain
- The size of the polybag (product bag) should be selected correctly according to the product type.
- The safety warning label given below should be attached to each product bag.Safety warning should be printed at backside of the polybag (which is the same side with sticker tape)
CARTON BOX MARKING STANDARDS
Carton boxes prepared for shipment should comply with the packaging standards given belowCarton Box Standards:
- The size of the box should be selected correctly according to the type of the product. (Table.1) The same box size should be used for ALL orders of a particular style/option.
- Please look the Table.2 for the products cannot be folded and placed in smaller size boxes (coats, jackets etc).
- Carton box quality should be: “K/F/F/F/K” Kraft Fluting (doppel), 140 g/m2.
- A full box should be maximum 15 kg.
- There should not be any empty space in the carton boxes after packing. The empty space in the carton causes possible damages, crushing and tearing of the boxes on the storage, and it harms the garments. There should be neither empty space in the carton boxes nor tumescent boxes (squeezed garments) while packing
Carton Box Short Side Label:
- The external box label should not be a thermal label; the barcode scanner should be able to scan the label; it should not be erased, worn-out or multiplied with photocopy.
- Carton Box Short Side Label should be attached on the middle of both short-side surfaces of the box.
- The height of the carton box short side label should be 10cm, and its length should be 15cm.
- Carton Box Short Side Labels of Solid colour-solid size and 2nd Quality products should be as shown in and they should all contain accurate information.
- Since solid colour-solid size products are not assorted, they will not have “Assortment Total” and Lot quantity given in a circle on the top righthand side of the label.
- Seperators should be used between different sizes when mixed-size products are boxed.
- Carton box short side label given in should be used for mixed-size boxes.
- There should be a “Mix Sizes” sign in a circle on the right bottom side of the label.
- There is no barcode info on mixed-size box labels, as it is not defined.
Carton Box Long Side Label:
- In addition to carton box short side label, a carton box long side label is used as well. The long side label includes the following information:
- Name and address of our company
- Special Code 1
- Carton box gross and net weight
- Carton box size measurements
- Carton box number
- Product – country of origin
- These details should be present in the middle of both long side surfaces of boxes. The template for the carton box long side label can be printed in advance on the box. If printed boxes are not used, label information given in should be provided.
- A printed box prepared for a particular style or colour should definitely not be used for another style or colour.
- The size of the label (or the print) should be as follows: height 12 cm, width 20 cm.
- Boxes should be taped with suppliers’ colourful logo-printed special tapes. If supplier does not have a logo-printed tape, any tape with a logo or print (without any brand name) can be used. Self-coloured tapes should never be used. auto brand tapes can only be used in domestic market.
- The same type of tape should be used for the whole order. Tapes with different logos are not allowed for the same order shipment.
- Boxes that are opened at the customs should be taped with the logo-printed tape of the related customs clearance company
- Coloured stickers should be attached on boxes according to the product packaging type.
Depending on the packaging, the sticker should be as follow:
- Solid colour-solid size : Blue
- Single Lot Packaging : Yellow
- Multiple Lot Packaging : Red
- Mixed Size Box : Black
- Carton Box Packaging for Air Shipments;
Boxes prepared for air shipment should be wrapped with naylon one-by-one and they should be strapped.
|Product Description||Item Number||PD Product Code||Product Code||TML PO Number||KB PO Number||Barcode|
|McLaren Team T-Shirt Baby – Small (1-2yrs)||TM2036||TM152009||157685||KBOW2||589/000117||5054130595627|
|McLaren Team T-Shirt Baby – Medium (2-3yrs)||TM2036||TM152009||157685||KBOW2||589/000117||5054130595634|
|McLaren Official Team Set Up T-Shirt – XSmall||TM2061||TM152020||157695||KBOW2||589/000118||5054130596174|
|McLaren Official Team Set Up T-Shirt – Small||TM2061||TM152020||157695||KBOW2||589/000118||5054130596150|
|McLaren Official Team Set Up T-Shirt – Medium||TM2061||TM152020||157695||KBOW2||589/000118||5054130596143|
|McLaren Official Team Set Up T-Shirt – Large||TM2061||TM152020||157695||KBOW2||589/000118||5054130596136|
|McLaren Official Team Set Up T-Shirt – XLarge||TM2061||TM152020||157695||KBOW2||589/000118||5054130596167|
|McLaren Official Team Set Up T-Shirt – XXLarge||TM2061||TM152020||157695||KBOW2||589/000118||5054130596181|
|McLaren Official Team Set Up T-Shirt – XXXLarge||TM2061||TM152020||157695||KBOW2||589/000118||5054130596198|
|McLaren Team Driver T-Shirt Male – XSmall||TM3050||TM152013||157698||KBOW2||589/000119||5054130596327|
|McLaren Team Driver T-Shirt Male – Small||TM3050||TM152013||157698||KBOW2||589/000119||5054130596303|
|McLaren Team Driver T-Shirt Male – Medium||TM3050||TM152013||157698||KBOW2||589/000119||5054130596297|
|McLaren Team Driver T-Shirt Male – Large||TM3050||TM152013||157698||KBOW2||589/000119||5054130596280|
|McLaren Team Driver T-Shirt Male – XLarge||TM3050||TM152013||157698||KBOW2||589/000119||5054130596310|
|McLaren Team Driver T-Shirt Male – XXLarge||TM3050||TM152013||157698||KBOW2||589/000119||5054130596334|
|McLaren Team Driver T-Shirt Male – XXXLarge||TM3050||TM152013||157698||KBOW2||589/000119||5054130596341|
|McLaren Team Driver T-Shirt Female – XSmall||TM3051||TM152014||157699||KBOW2||589/000119||5054130596396|
|McLaren Team Driver T-Shirt Female – Small||TM3051||TM152014||157699||KBOW2||589/000119||5054130596372|
|McLaren Team Driver T-Shirt Female – Medium||TM3051||TM152014||157699||KBOW2||589/000119||5054130596365|
|McLaren Team Driver T-Shirt Female – Large||TM3051||TM152014||157699||KBOW2||589/000119||5054130596358|
|McLaren Team Driver T-Shirt Female – XLarge||TM3051||TM152014||157699||KBOW2||589/000119||5054130596389|
|McLaren Team Driver T-Shirt Kids – Small||TM3052||TM152015||157700||KBOW2||589/000120||5054130596426|
|McLaren Team Driver T-Shirt Kids – Medium||TM3052||TM152015||157700||KBOW2||589/000120||5054130596419|
|McLaren Team Driver T-Shirt Kids – Large||TM3052||TM152015||157700||KBOW2||589/000120||5054130596402|
|McLaren Team Driver T-Shirt Kids – XLarge||TM3052||TM152015||157700||KBOW2||589/000120||5054130596433|
|McLaren Team Driver T-Shirt Kids – XXLarge||TM3052||TM152015||157700||KBOW2||589/000120||5054130596440|